Pokemon Gen V Games to Be Revealed in Next Corocoro!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coro01100210.jpg

Image displaying 2 already revealed Gen V Pokemon, Zorua and its evolved form Zoroark, the master of illusion.

QUOTE said:
Serebii.net is reporting that the upcoming issue of CoroCoro magazine, which releases this April 15th, will contain new information on the upcoming Gen-5 Pokémon games. Before the magazine reaches newstands, however, Pokémon Sunday will be revealing the games in a “shock announcement” on-air.

This highlights an interesting question: are the new games going to be for the 3DS exclusively or will they be compatible with current DS models and the 3DS?

According to a CNBC report, the 3DS announcement was made prematurely by NCL at the expensive of Nintendo of America in order to avoid a potential leak resulting from Japanese press and supplier knowledge of the device. Also, consider the fact that Gen-5 was announced well ahead of the 3DS itself, complete with a new movie tie-in, and is scheduled for release in 2010. This would mean the games have been in development for quite some time.

Taking this information into account, one has to wonder if the newer games were always intended to be presented as DS titles, with 3DS functionality announced at a later date.

Going by common sense, one would assume that an entirely new Pokémon game would launch alongside new hardware, especially in light of rumours of Game Freak being given priority with regard to 3DS developer tools. On the other hand, the company has also been recruiting of late, and the official site recently received an overhaul, which could indicate that they’re only just starting to ramp up for a bigger project, which could be their 3DS game if Gen-5 isn’t it.

The next two weeks are going to be very interesting indeed. CoroCoro information tends to leak before the actual magazine reaches newsstands, so keep an eye out for more info any time between now and the 15th.

News Source: Siliconera

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to play this. Gen IV gets a lot of bad rep, but I personally loved it. I can only see this one getting better due to all the fan input.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping for a 3DS release, personally; but who knows at this point. We have the original GF announcement that said "DS", but also rumours about how they were the first ones to get 3DS devkits, and the fact most new generations of launched on a different handheld than the previous one. Looking forward to finding out soon, though.

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TM2-Megatron said:
I'm hoping for a 3DS release, personally; but who knows at this point. We have the original GF announcement that said "DS", but also rumours about how they were the first ones to get 3DS devkits, and the fact most new generations of launched on a different handheld than the previous one. Looking forward to finding out soon, though.

Yeah id have my money on a 3DS release aswell, It would be great for both, a Pokemon 5th gen release would really boost hardware sales on the 3DS. Personally im good with my DS for a while tho, so i probly wont get 5th gen for a while, if ever. I'm almost always a gen behind. Infact, im locating a PS2 just to mod so i can play KH/KH2 and FFX/FFXII
tongue.gif
I love the classic games from older gens.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, I am thinking it will be released for the 3DS, and I got the money set aside for it. hope I got enough. Plus there is only one new generation per handheld. which also means sapphire and ruby will be remade also in 3d. does anyone think they will redo yellow?

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
murkurie said:
yea, I am thinking it will be released for the 3DS, and I got the money set aside for it. hope I got enough. Plus there is only one new generation per handheld. which also means sapphire and ruby will be remade also in 3d. does anyone think they will redo yellow?

Doubt it, they already re-made first gen. Recreating Yellow would be dumb. If they had plans to do this they would have released it along with FR/LG

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DreamTrooper said:
murkurie said:

Doubt it, they already re-made first gen. Recreating Yellow would be dumb. If they had plans to do this they would have released it along with FR/LG
I disagree, they did remake the first gen, but they did not recreate yellow nor did they recreate crystal, both of those were released after there gen was out for awhile, so you don't know if they will remake those.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to this. I also doubt it will be released for the 3DS, it was just unveiled and would push the Japanese release to 2011, this is going to be a late 2010 release in Japan.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unlike Golden Sun, I'm pretty sure Pokemon 5 is confirmed to have a 2010 release, so it can't be for the 3DS. Whether or not there will be 3DS exclusive extras will remain to be seen.

P.S. Rydian your sig is as funny as hell.
tongue.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
Unlike Golden Sun, I'm pretty sure Pokemon 5 is confirmed to have a 2010 release, so it can't be for the 3DS. Whether or not there will be 3DS exclusive extras will remain to be seen.

P.S. Rydian your sig is as funny as hell.
tongue.gif

The 3DS could easily have a 2010 release; in fact it probably will. They'll want to take advantage of the holiday shopping season.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
I really want to play this. Gen IV gets a lot of bad rep, but I personally loved it. I can only see this one getting better due to all the fan input.

The only reason Gen IV got bad rep is because all those kids who loved Pokemon as a kiddie kid got to the age where one of the following happens:

A. They think Pokemon is insanely dumb and bash it to hell and back.
B. They stop liking Pokemon and just don't care about it anymore.
C. They still play Pokemon as a game, not as a devout follower
D. They become fanboys.

A lot of option A happened. And with people realizing "Oh, the gameplay formula hasn't changed much", they've now got a reason to hate it and a reason to bash it. Gen IV was a great Pokemon generation, but it's still a Pokemon generation.

As for anyone whose speculating a Yellow/Crystal remake, what are you thinking? It's been announced as a GENERATION 5 game. Meaning new setting, new Pokemon (two of which have already been revealed), etc. Even if you believe it's for a future release, it's pretty much out of the question. Yellow especially since it was basically a more accurate translation of the anime to a game, and not nearly as many people watch the anime and even if they did, Yellow was like from the first season or something. Even then, FR, LG, HG, and SS are enhancements on the old games. Not just as remakes, but as lots of new content. That's basically what Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were: the original games with additional content. No need to remake them.

For people wanting a Yellow remake, give it some time and once current gen Pokemon hacking tools are equal to those on the GBA, you'll probably get a HG/SS hack for Pokemon Yellow. That'll probably be in a few years, though.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

The only reason Gen IV got bad rep is because all those kids who loved Pokemon as a kiddie kid got to the age where one of the following happens:

A. They think Pokemon is insanely dumb and bash it to hell and back.
B. They stop liking Pokemon and just don't care about it anymore.
C. They still play Pokemon as a game, not as a devout follower
D. They become fanboys.

A lot of option A happened. And with people realizing "Oh, the gameplay formula hasn't changed much", they've now got a reason to hate it and a reason to bash it. Gen IV was a great Pokemon generation, but it's still a Pokemon generation.

As for anyone whose speculating a Yellow/Crystal remake, what are you thinking? It's been announced as a GENERATION 5 game. Meaning new setting, new Pokemon (two of which have already been revealed), etc. Even if you believe it's for a future release, it's pretty much out of the question. Yellow especially since it was basically a more accurate translation of the anime to a game, and not nearly as many people watch the anime and even if they did, Yellow was like from the first season or something. Even then, FR, LG, HG, and SS are enhancements on the old games. Not just as remakes, but as lots of new content. That's basically what Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were: the original games with additional content. No need to remake them.

For people wanting a Yellow remake, give it some time and once current gen Pokemon hacking tools are equal to those on the GBA, you'll probably get a HG/SS hack for Pokemon Yellow. That'll probably be in a few years, though.

....you realize you are totally wrong with the reasons why fourth gen had a bad reputation, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later