Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield (Version 1.1 Major Update! EXP. Candies Return!)

Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1
QrTxdpw.png
k78tWGs.png

I can't believe I am finally writing this, but Phives and I are proud to finally present Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield, a difficulty romhack. Why release another romhack when Sacred Sword & King's Shield is out, you may ask? Well to be quite honest, that project was rushed and is not something we are particularly proud of. So, we have been working on an entirely new one ever since the release of the Crown Tundra. Now, over half a year later and a LOT of hours sunk into playtesting, we are finally ready to release the first version!

Intro - What is Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield?
Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield is a difficulty romhack, taking inspiration mostly from Drayano's work. However, I also played Radical Red last year and took some inspiration from that, although outside of QoL features those are purely optional. So don't worry if you want to play in Switch mode and use healing items in battle! We've made edits to nearly every Pokemon, mainly focusing on making egg and tutor moves available through normal level up movesets as well as providing buffs and new moves to tons of different Pokémon. Of course, there is documentation for everything included in the google drive folder with the download. We've of course redone the team of every single trainer in the game, and hope to encourage team building in order to over come these challenges. However, it is important to remember that all of this is done within the confines of Sword & Shield. We cannot make the AI super smart, nor can we force certain aspects like a level cap, etc. However, we have gone to great lengths in order to make it the best we possible could.

Notable Features:
  • Completely reworked Raid rewards system
  • All 600 Pokémon from Sword & Shield (including DLC) catchable outside of the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra
  • Overhauled boss battles
  • Quality of life features such as purchasable EV reducers
  • Shop overhauls in order to make competitive items easily accessible
  • Healing items disabled during trainer battles (THIS IS OPTIONAL)
  • Battle Items removed from the game (not optional, as X items are the new purchasable EV reducing items)
  • Edited Adventure Guide for in game documentation
  • Edited Pokémon & various buffs/moveset edits.

Screenshots (there are lot of them and they are BIG so here is your warning):
IOxSesg.jpg
gvXMZBJ.jpg
Wk3bUqM.jpg
haLThqD.jpg
mZvflYh.jpg
IhNwR3u.png
5x8IL0v.png
OgCFhvt.png
9XgUKQ5.png
4PEfSKt.png
5DPYDzW.png
SewcMFs.png
R9YAWUk.png
Q2F75lK.png
jPIwxJm.png
oRPFzkX.png
rJTXPB2.png
NOsYJxJ.png
O29i4RV.png
iDSARI6.png
2pOe0A8.png

v1.1 Changelog: Return of the EXP. Candies

!!SELL ALL OF YOUR "MEDICINE" ITEMS THAT ARE IN YOUR "ITEMS" POUCH PRIOR TO UPDATING IF YOU DO NOT USE THE USABLE HEALING ITEMS PATCH!!

Healing items have been moved back to the "Medicine" pouch, and are still not usable in battle without the patch.

EXP. Candies make their return, obtainable through shops in every Pokecenter. They appear as you get Gym badges in the following tiers:
  • XS - 0 Badges ₽600
  • S - 2 Badges ₽1,000
  • M - 4 Badges ₽3,000
  • L - 6 Badges ₽9,000
  • XL - 7 Badges ₽27,000
All changes regarding EXP. Candies are tentative and subject to change. Please provide your feedback!
In addition, all Nature Mints are now purchasable from the start of the game at all Pokecenters for ₽7,500.
Wishing Pieces are also in every Pokecenter for ₽5,000

As a test, Ballonlea's Pokecenter has a new NPC behind the left counter that will offer to feed your pokemon Max Soup for 3 Max Mushrooms.
Max Mushrooms can be purchased at any Pokecenter after receiving 5 Gym Badges.
In future updates, this NPC will be in all Pokecenters.
Max Mushrooms are now in the "Items" pouch.

Hammerlocke City - Centeral Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Power Bracer
  • Power Belt
  • Power Lens
  • Power Band
  • Power Anklet
  • Power Weight
  • Destiny Knot
  • PP Up
  • Razor Claw
  • Protector
  • Reaper Claw
  • Whipped Dream
  • Sachet

Motostoke City - Souther Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Speed Down
  • HP down

Hammerlocke City - West Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Bounce
  • Fling
  • Power Swap
  • Guard Swap
  • Speed Swap
  • Drain Punch
  • Trick Room
  • Wonder Room
  • Magic Room
  • Razor Shell
  • Mystical Fire

Hammerlocke City - East Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Fire Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch
  • Solar Blade
  • Self-Destruct
  • Giga Drain

Video Detailing the Changes

Details for how to install are in the README included in the Google Drive folder. Please read it. Documentation is also in that folder, which is linked at the bottom of this post.

Credits & Thanks
  • The amazing creators of pkNX, this project would not be possible without their hard work
  • Drayano, for allowing us to reference some of their changes from Renegade Platinum.
  • The creator of Radical Red, soupercell, for allowing us to use certain Pokémon edits from their romhack in ours
  • https://twitter.com/__Toner___ for the logos

Pokejobs being broken is an intentional feature in order to prevent an EXP/EV exploit.
The only part of the Post Game that is currently finished is the Hop & Sordward/Shielbert section. Champions Cup rematches and such are not edited yet.

Last edited by Kobazco,

UlyssesMendivil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, first of all thanks a lot for the hack, also what program can i use to permanetly change the abilities and stats of the pokemons? i really like the idea of making everything op for my own amusement of course

elad532

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey guys,
How can I install this mod on SX OS?
I added it to /sxos/titles/0100abf008968000/romfs but it doesn't seem to work.

pato19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just a fair warning, the wild Pokemon will soon have to be lower level than your team due to the level cap on what wild Pokemon you can catch being something I can't edit. As that happens though, you get access to Chansey (which gives more XP than in base game), as well as eventually wild Blissey which when combined with a lucky egg should make leveling new team members managebale when going to the correct spots.

Awesome idea, and good to know it. I pointed that, becuase I thought it was a very good signal about balancing challenge, difficulty and pacing which is incredibly hard to manage. Now I'm after winning 2nd badge, and trying a lot of pokemons, because it's fun, and movesets are good.

Although (and I know you're against it, so I just say it, but no need to answer it) Thievul still seems a little weak even buffing his SpA and Spe. For example he can fulfill a "Dark Alakazam" role (I know because the stat spread is almost exactly), being absoluty weak on the physical side, but with more oomph on the special side.

Mudkipzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I fixed my Pidove's EV's and IV's using pokehex, ,and lost the Pixilate ability. Is there anyway to get it back?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everyone who has been playing! Just did a small patch fixing Inkay's evolution, as well as making the dubious disc on porygon a 5% chance instead of a 1% chance.

Some notes:

• It is known to not work on sx os. Use Atmosphere.
  • Emulator crashes are inconsistent and mostly user faulted. The game was tested fully on both console and emulator.
  • The crash on console for Pokejobs is intentional in order to prevent an exploit.
  • The Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are both unedited at this time. Do not go to them.
  • Neither are the Champion's Cup rematches of the post game.
For now, we're on a break just fixing bugs as they come. Eventually we hope to do an update adding more edited trainers, etc, for the post game. Thanks for all the support thus far!

Reactions: Icekhan and Luxmoa

Luxmoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kobazco When you do decide to do the postgame, is it possible to have it leveled to the players current level, at least for the isle of armor. It was so underwhelming as dlc, ideally I would like to go mid-main game.

Josma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you please add a way to get the baby pokemon from slumbering weald later in the game? I wanted to get a wynaut for pokedex completion, but im too late in the game, and since the incense shop isn't avaliable anymore i cannot obtain it. Differently from other pokemon like larvitar or dreepy that you can just breed for this one ended up being a problem.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please add a way to get the baby pokemon from slumbering weald later in the game? I wanted to get a wynaut for pokedex completion, but im too late in the game, and since the incense shop isn't avaliable anymore i cannot obtain it. Differently from other pokemon like larvitar or dreepy that you can just breed for this one ended up being a problem.
What do you mean you're too late in the game? The baby pokemon still appear in the Slumbering Weald no matter how far you are, just as long as you are only in the first part of it from the start of the game. Its not dependent on your game progression.

admiral_kikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one thing to want to make the game tougher. It's another to change typing for trainers and not the wild pokemon as well. Same as giving trainers pokemon moves they cannot get in the game. As in, Toxic mandibuzz or giving every mon knock off even if they don't get it. Or Fire/Dragon Charizard on Camille just so people can knock it out with electric moves. That doesn't exist on a standard Charizard. This isn't a completely randomized mod for that. One already exists with typing changed for everyone, moves and mons.

Another note, you made it nearly impossible to nuzlocke by making the majority of the wild rare encounters steel typing after the 2nd or 3rd badge. This goes for both versions. You also upped hax in the mods intentionally or not. If the player can't do something, neither should the trainers. IE getting 95% hax while rarely giving. Or for that matter crits. Most trainers mons are not even built to do either or more. Has nothing to do with the pre-built rng of those as it stands in the base game. I played this mod twice to be sure it wasn't just my imagination. It's just one huge grind fest for nuzlockers.

You may have played Radical Red but you took 0 notes on what made it challenging in the first place. There's a difference in making it challenging to make players think vs making it challenging by making the impossible a reality or to just bruteforce that difficulty.

One other note. You may want to fix the wild encounters list. Some of the routes contain mons that are not listed. I noticed that on all of route 9 in particular. Same with the encounter rates. That might be due to pknx though.

Also, Slumbering Weald is inaccessible after you first go in until you beat Champions Cup. That is what the other commenter is referring to.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one thing to want to make the game tougher. It's another to change typing for trainers and not the wild pokemon as well. Same as giving trainers pokemon moves they cannot get in the game. As in, Toxic mandibuzz or giving every mon knock off even if they don't get it. Or Fire/Dragon Charizard on Camille just so people can knock it out with electric moves. That doesn't exist on a standard Charizard. This isn't a completely randomized mod for that. One already exists with typing changed for everyone, moves and mons.

Another note, you made it nearly impossible to nuzlocke by making the majority of the wild rare encounters steel typing after the 2nd or 3rd badge. This goes for both versions. You also upped hax in the mods intentionally or not. If the player can't do something, neither should the trainers. IE getting 95% hax while rarely giving. Or for that matter crits. Most trainers mons are not even built to do either or more. Has nothing to do with the pre-built rng of those as it stands in the base game. I played this mod twice to be sure it wasn't just my imagination. It's just one huge grind fest for nuzlockers.

You may have played Radical Red but you took 0 notes on what made it challenging in the first place. There's a difference in making it challenging to make players think vs making it challenging by making the impossible a reality or to just bruteforce that difficulty.

One other note. You may want to fix the wild encounters list. Some of the routes contain mons that are not listed. I noticed that on all of route 9 in particular. Same with the encounter rates. That might be due to pknx though.

Also, Slumbering Weald is inaccessible after you first go in until you beat Champions Cup. That is what the other commenter is referring to.
This post... confuses me. First of all, I don't know what it is you mean in terms of the "typings" of trainers. As for Pokemon, only very few of them are actually changed. Also, all of the Pokemon that get Toxic/Knock Off now DO get them in the base game, just through egg moves. So get your fact straight before complaining. Also any type changes to Pokemon you can also get, and Fire/Dragon Charizard is the same typing as Mega Charizard X. PLENTY of other romhacks (including Radical Red btw) have a few type changes here and there. Drayano's mods do that all the time for example.

Also lol, all I can say is get good here. There are plenty of people who are already nuzlocking it and are way past the 2nd/3rd badge. Infact, someone is doing a HARDCORE nuzlocke (set mode, self imposed level cap) and they are already past the 6th gym. Also, I nuzlocked the first part of the game myself as well.

Also, allow me to make sure of this. EVERYTHING THE TRAINERS CAN DO IN THIS GAME, THE PLAYER CAN ALSO DO, IF NOT BETTER. The ONLY advantage the AI has are the IVs, and the player has tons of advantages over the AI in terms of better decision making, item choices, movesets, etc. Any ability, move, or Pokemon the AI can get, so can the player. I don't know what it is you refer to with this "hax", but nothing like crit rates or anything like that have been adjusted WHATSOEVER. I'm sorry that you getting unlucky has caused you to think that I somehow managed to edit the RNG itself or the fundamental structure of the game lol. If this isn't what you are talking about, I'd really appreciate it if you took the time to word things out more, as its pretty difficult to understand what it is you are even trying to say here.

I really wish you'd actually think and check your facts before you post something like this. Honestly, I've seen a lot of the gyms beaten while people are underleveled even, just through choosing proper moves and items. People have blown me away with the creativity in which they have tackled the challenges in our romhack, and many have beaten the game without even having to get close to brute forcing it.

Last edited by Kobazco,

Josma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been having a blast with the hack, great work. I just reached the rose tower here, and the only real thing that happened during my journey was that i had to stop and EV train my pokemon with raids, wich isn't really a problem since it is an intended mechanic. My team consists of Dunsparce, Gengar, Noivern, Lanturn,Venosaur and Escavalier. Grinding with lucky eggs on blisseys always helped me when i got stuck.

Also Great job with the diversity. So far all the pokemon i have to find are the ones that you get after beating leon and the legendaries.

Thank you for informing me about the slumbering weald btw, I never had any reason to go back there in the main game so i had no clue that when you returned it was still the same encounter table.

Reactions: Kobazco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol