Gaming Pokemon Crystal: Shiny Starter?!

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like every Pokémon game, you save in front of the Poké Ball, pick the Pokémon, check its status, and if it's not shiny, soft reset. Rinse and repeat until you get it.

Reactions: mbcrazed

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm guessing save states won't work with this? :)

I don't know how the RNGs work in G/S/C. The best way in order to know would be to pick the Pokémon, check its stats, reload the savestate, pick the Pokémon again and check the stats again. But in that case, I don't really see the point in trying to get a shiny.

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how the RNGs work in G/S/C. The best way in order to know would be to pick the Pokémon, check its stats, reload the savestate, pick the Pokémon again and check the stats again. But in that case, I don't really see the point in trying to get a shiny.

Hm... I'll check! I just want to get a shiny! Haha! The last shiny I ever had was when I was like 3 when I had Gold!

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save states will not work, as the seed-value is the same each time, as it is a 1:1 copy of the memory. If you savestate before a shiny, then it can prove useful.

I see! When I tried savestates, the only result I got was change in stats, but the seed was still the same! :) Looks like I'm going to have to pull my Gold out too, and start soft resetting!

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact about GSC: due to the way shininess is determined in those games, it is impossible to have a shiny female starter.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact about GSC: due to the way shininess is determined in those games, it is impossible to have a shiny female starter.

I remember that; all my friends were complaining about it, and there was always that one girl that said that Pokemon was anti-feminist. She was sooo annoying.........

ntpsq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that; all my friends were complaining about it, and there was always that one girl that said that Pokemon was anti-feminist. She was sooo annoying.........
it is sorta misogynistic lol. lots of female pokemon are weaker than their male pokemon counterparts. at least i know that was true up to GS/C

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is sorta misogynistic lol. lots of female pokemon are weaker than their male pokemon counterparts. at least i know that was true up to GS/C

Lol. The nice thing is that the IV system was fixed in Generation III, allowing for more possible combinations for both male and female Pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end