Misc Pokemon Cheaters Banned

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People actually believe this? Wow. Some people will believe anything. Shame on all these blogs for taking such a false lead. The rumor originated in the Wii60 forums when one of the admins/mods claimed that his friends was banned at school. He also states ridiculous things such as stores giving out these codes so Nintendo can catch people easier. Load of BS. How could you ban friend codes anyway? You could just go in to your Wi-Fi configuration (where you set up your router information and such) and delete your Wi-Fi information there, and walaa, next time you get on Wi-Fi you have a totally different friend code. Look at the MPH leader boards. That's how much Nintendo cares about the integrity of their online service. That message saying they are gonna revamp the boards to prevent cheating has been there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now.

austrina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They are not banning it on Wifi if they have legal stats. Pokesav can convert your Bidoof to Celebi and they wont ban it... SADLY

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

austrina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked them with a sample of my pkm files, they are 99% accurate I would say. They might have problem with chained shiny, bred Pokemon & roaming pokemon.

2 of my shiny passed the test but not my Buizel & legendary dogs. I love this application. I wish it would be able to detect event Pokemon(as I need this verification the most) or Pokemon obtained from XD, Colosseums(like Jirachi)...

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sorry but umm ive read through most of the 5 pages of this topic and i still dont understand: what is your definition of a cheater? is it somebody who hacks their pokemon to get a mewtwo from absolutely nothing? or is this a person who trained a mewtwo in fire red, traded it over, and now just making a few EV modifications because he doesnt want to ev-train?

i can understand people's frustration with those who just load up .pkmn files, give the pokemon uber stats, and then run around on wifi killing people left and right but if pokesav is used to edit some minor things without ruining the overall integrity of the experience of the game i dont think that should really be a problem...

alright its unfair to those die-hard fans who will train their pokemon from level1 and breed like hell to get the best stats but at the end of the day its still a game and those hardcore fans should accept the fact that cheaters will never disappear- but also keep in mind that not all cheaters are ruthless people hacking Acreus's with 999HP to go pulvurize others.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It is just unfair if it is used for tradings, battle or competitions.

*sighs* i guess thats life.. there are those who take the hard road there with dedication and honor .. then there are others who simply take the easy way out.

smile.gif
on another note...
hmms so i got curious as to how many of us are still playing pokemon out there...
drop by my poll sometime!

Link: Are YOU Still Playing Pokemon?

austrina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup! and i really hope nintendo who is able to detect those cheats to do something abt it.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

dver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Beat my pokesav edited pokemon
tongue.gif
track that one.... i got where caught places right , no edited stats, real lvs for legendaries =p

Firewarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well what if aren't cheating but still using R4 to play the ROM?

I for one ain't I like to play the old school way waste hours on real grinding.

But still people should not take games so seriously.

lawliet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.domain.kefi.org
XP
Country
Senegal
Would you consider the following a cheater?

Suppose someone who has played some GBA pokemon game on an emulated ROM decides to "transfer" the pokemon in his GBA ROM to a Pokemon Diamond/Pearl game played on R4. He uses some application to get the exact stats of said pokemons and then do an exact copy of stats in pokesav to be deposited in Palpark.

I guess in this scenario, there isn't any way such a transfer can be made. I don't suppose the D/P detect Slot 2 flash cart Pokemon games, do they?

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
LOL Nintendo is baning cheater...and pokemon is not really 100% online dedicated.....

what about Yu-Gi-Oh? those game are dedicated for online gaming and still people can use AR to cheat....

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you ban an online cheater?
If you delete your save. can they detect that you are the same person?

Paw-Fox

Trophies
XP
Country
No they can't which is why this is total bullshit as useless as PunkBuster and VAC.
Yes they can,
Your NDS has a MAC address built in, if Nintendo then banned that you would be banned from all games on the WFC. Its unknown if that gets sent to the database when you play, but I bet they do have a system up for banning people on extreme measures.

Another system they could use is a IP Ban, which would then stop you playing but the only flaw from that is restarting your internet till you got a new IP

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Both are useless:

1) Banning MAC. The MAC is a rather small number and the chance of NDS having the same MAC is rather high. Furthermore if somebody bans the mac put a MASQUERADE rule in your firewall which changes the MAC. Ban = useless

2) Banning IP. The same as above. If you are hooked up with an ISP which all are in some way you use a recycled IP. Hence the next time you log in you have a different IP. Ban = useless. Furthermore if someone else goes to play and hits the banned IP he's fudged although not a cheater.

Banning only works if you require registering an account and you check periodically that nobody doubles ( makes another account ) to get around a ban. This is the only way you have a chance although it's breakable too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...