ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have one more quick question! What exactly are the edits to the pokemon evolution methods? Do they evolve by level up now? Or through stones or what? There's a bit in the documentation about the changes, but they don't say what they are.

This information would be good to add to the documentation for new players to this hack!
If they're not mentioned in the documentation, then nothing with that Pokemon changed. Every change is listed in the doc

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The relevant information is in the Pokémon Changes document for those Pokémon that are edited (there's a list of such Pokémon at the beginning of that document.)

Though given that you're far from the only person to not find that info, I'll be putting the evolution data in a separate document for SG/SS.

EDIT: Okay, I am now on the testing phase of SG/SS! Have some teaser screenshots...

OuAO2.png
e7lXg.png
mQjvl.png
rlHsp.png
ACZkv.png
i25b6.png
esjPz.png
05iyr.png
fJyma.png
j9xfX.png

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, yeah. I think I've learnt quite a lot since then, BB/VW taught me about the narc file system and hex editing so I got a bit further into doing that sort of thing, plus PPRE means I can go quite far with the scripting aspect.

...and definitely no pussy this time. I regret doing that >>;

Here, have another one (levels may not be final but probably are):
966Jm.png

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, Eevee is very early (you can probably tell where from one of the screenshots). The stone/other evo item is a gift from the elder of Sprout Tower, so yeah, it's all very early for a bit of variety. The Eeveelutions now learn their first move at Level 13.

In an ideal world I'd like to say by this Friday, but I'm probably gonna take a little longer than that. I think definitely within the next two weeks though.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow looks amazing I cannot wait, Is it just a Thunderstone that early or is it all of them? If its just TStone, is there any fire types early on like Growlithe?

*The animated trailer for B/W2 made me love Growlithe even more*

Either way, Good luck and I will play the crap out of it when its done XD

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can choose one of the following items:

Water Stone
Thunderstone
Fire Stone
Aubade Orb (new item for Espeon)
Serenade Orb (new item for Umbreon)
Woodland Ore (new item for Leafeon)
Frozen Ore (new item for Glaceon)

I don't think I put any other stone evolutions right next to Violet City, but you can grab Growlithe and Vulpix at like Route 36 or something. I've got some screenshots of the new items too (there's another one known as Voltaic Ore, but I haven't obtained it on my testing run yet):

SgS18.png
5JFbT.png
eE1sN.png
5YQDK.png

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the Idea for the new items. Is Eevee found in the wild? I cant wait for the release of this. I just finished playing my Hoenn White hack so I need another game to keep me occupied. Great work overall Dray! :)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, no wild Eevee, but you get one as a gift quite early in the game.

But the support is appreciated!

P.S: I just noticed that little bit about apologising for the Volbeat/Illumise type changes in your hack's opening post. Don't worry about it; honestly, it's a pretty obvious change!

Reactions: 1 person

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to say that the screenshots look very great, Drayano! It's also great how you've added a character like Cynthia. (Well, I knew she was in HG/SS, but she doesn't appear that early, right?)
That's the way I like to see hacks. The evolution items look great, too!

The Idol on Route 30 also is a fun addition, haha! Very creative, so is the introduction text reference.

Oh, and I totally forgot about the PokéBall Seals. I'm not that into Generation IV hacking, but how did you add it to Falkner's Pokéball? Is it a trdata / trpoke variable?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to get both Cynthia and Steven to play a fairly large role in this. Cynthia was initially only encountered by the Sinjoh Ruins event, so she definitely makes a much bigger appearance now.

The evolution items could probably be better since they're just palette swaps, but adding new item sprites looks like a nightmare with how weirdly the image is arranged in the .rgcn files. ;-;

I'm adding in quite a few trainers from DP. There's a slight hitch that their encounter music defaults to the youngster (kind of like a problem you were having, no?) but I might just leave that fix for another version. The DP trainer thing was inspired by your Deluxe hack actually, with its Picnicker sprites and whatnot. I don't know how many pop culture references I can fit in without getting bored of text editing, though =p

Yeah, it's in trpoke. HGSS have it on like the last two bytes of each Pokémon (although the second byte always has some odd effects, so the first one is better for stuff.)

(P.S: Feel free to just call me Dray rather than Drayano. In fact, I'd prefer it!)

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, thank you! Yeah, I'm trying to get both Cynthia and Steven to play a fairly large role in this. Cynthia was initially only encountered by the Sinjoh Ruins event, so she definitely makes a much bigger appearance now.

The evolution items could probably be better since they're just palette swaps, but adding new item sprites looks like a nightmare with how weirdly the image is arranged in the .rgcn files. ;-;

I'm adding in quite a few trainers from DP. There's a slight hitch that their encounter music defaults to the youngster (kind of like a problem you were having, no?) but I might just leave that fix for another version. The DP trainer thing was inspired by your Deluxe hack actually, with its Picnicker sprites and whatnot. I don't know how many pop culture references I can fit in without getting bored of text editing, though =p

Yeah, it's in trpoke. HGSS have it on like the last two bytes of each Pokémon (although the second byte always has some odd effects, so the first one is better for stuff.)

(P.S: Feel free to just call me Dray rather than Drayano. In fact, I'd prefer it!)
About the Youngster Trainer Encounter Music - it might be easier to fix in HG/SS, actually. I'm not sure. Anyway, the data for it should be on arm9.bin. In B/W, though, arm9.bin is compressed, so that could be the case with HG/SS's arm9.bin, too... Not sure. Anyway, in that arm9.bin file, you might be able to find hex data stored like this: 02 00 5A 04 (with 02 00 being the Trainer Class number, 02 00 is the Youngster in B/W, and 5A 04 being the Encounter music, also see this). It doesn't work in B/W that easily because arm9.bin somehow breaks when I try to recompress it.. That's such a pity because it would be really cool if it actually worked. I still have hope that it could work in HG/SS though. If you want, I could take a look at it when I finally have time, i.e. in about two weeks.

Also, the trpoke finding is cool. I'm always wondering what these unknown bytes in B/W could be.. But Seals are not available in B/W anymore, so it must be something else.

I also love your new item's names.. Very creative. Too bad I lack a good English vocabulary since English is not my native language (at all). Edit: I just found out that ''aubade'' and ''serenade'' are the same words in my language, heheh. I of course know what a serenade is but I have never known that ''the morning / evening thing'' had so much to do with it. Great names!

Can't wait to see your SG/SS games finished, Dray ;)

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, Items for the other eeveelutions, Reminds me of Pokemon XD, another question, Will the other items that you don't get be avaliable elsewhere in case of breeding the eevee to get the others? and will the eeveelutions learn attacks quicker as I hated having to level them up like 10 levels just to learn one of the elemental attacks.

Any other type changes in this one too? I loved that about BB/VW.

And how about adding some dialog to Red, I know he's supposed to be a mute as a nod to the fact we controlled him and he never spoke, but it would be cool to have him say at least something. Even if its just "Well done, I pass my torch to you"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol