ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Funnily, I'm experiencing a lower than normal encounter rate on my BB. Guess it all boils down to luck.

[late edit] Oh wow, Drayano, I have to commend you for the N battle in Chargestone Cave.

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I got some strange idea. I saw Zoroark : Master of Illusions, and for some reason I thought Mismagius should have the ability Illusion. Why not ? After all, it uses illusions and hallucinations in both the anime and the manga, so it would make some sense to give it Illusion as a second ability. For a future update, of course. That's obviously not mandatory.

Opinions ?

lazzysol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason i cant use the ​"Computer Everywhere" , "Instant Shaking Grass/Dirt/Shadow/Bubbles" and "Auto-Run (B)" Action replay codes anymore :\
nvm i fixed it

Naucitos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is it not possible to use wifi battles in this, or flat battle rules in the union room?
Things seem to break a bit whenever multiplayer battles are involved, and i'm not sure whether or not thats an unavoidable side effect of using hacked pokemon types etc

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I posted something about that here.

The Pokémon games clearly aren't compatible with rom hacks. I suppose it should work with two hacked games, however.

EB812

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. I want to play Blaze Black. I have an emulator, ROM of Black, and the 3.1 BB download. When I try to follow the steps in the guide, it tells me in the batch file:
ROM not found. Place ROM in folder Press Any key to continue.

I can't find a folder called that, and I'm REALLY confused. I just want to play this game! I've tried downloading different versions (such as 3.03) but it still won't let me patch black OR white. I'm really confused and I've been trying for about a day to get this to work. I saw a Nuzlocke Run of BB on youtube and I wanted to play it for myself, but right now that seems impossible. Can someone PLEASE help me?

wje357

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody PLEASE tell me if there's a way to download this so I can play it on my DS, instead of my computer? Maybe by downloading it onto an empty cartridge or something? ANY help with my question would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

TadejBerlec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@wje357 yes you can play it on your ds, just put patched game on your r4 card....

i have a question too is butterfree able to learn fly ? pls answer

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@TadejBerlec no Butterfree cannot learn Fly (idk why u couldnt just check to see if it said "Unable" but lol :P
@EB812 if you search my name in the comments on this thread there should be a page where I've explained to someone how to fix that step by step. I'm not sure exactly what page it's on though.

TadejBerlec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@TadejBerlec no Butterfree cannot learn Fly (idk why u couldnt just check to see if it said "Unable" but lol :P
@EB812 if you search my name in the comments on this thread there should be a page where I've explained to someone how to fix that step by step. I'm not sure exactly what page it's on though.

i asked because they say that they changed some tymes and movesets

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, Drayano.

Prepare to do Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2.

1330219936.jpg

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, been a while since I posted.

Is there an AR code to prevent freezing?
I just started this game and it suddenly froze when the Prof. was demonstrating how to catch a pokemon LOL.
There's no specific AR code to prevent freezing afaik since it's not usually a problem with BW. It's likely to be your emulator (/settings); if you're using no$ make sure it's both 2.6a and no$zoomer for the most stable experience.

Is a highly increased rate of random encounters part of this hack? It might just be my imagination but I don't recall pokemon appearing every two to three steps in grass in the original White version. I found this while looking for mods to make the game more challenging, but a higher encounter rate just gives you more experience and, frankly, it gets frustratingly annoying fast.

Whether it's because of this hack or not though, having all 600+ pokemon and more varied opponent parties is worth it. I just wanted to know. :)
Nah, unless I did it accidentally I haven't changed the encounter rates. I don't actually know how o-o; Granted, I could probably take a guess quite easily...

I have a problem. I want to play Blaze Black. I have an emulator, ROM of Black, and the 3.1 BB download. When I try to follow the steps in the guide, it tells me in the batch file:
ROM not found. Place ROM in folder Press Any key to continue.

I can't find a folder called that, and I'm REALLY confused. I just want to play this game! I've tried downloading different versions (such as 3.03) but it still won't let me patch black OR white. I'm really confused and I've been trying for about a day to get this to work. I saw a Nuzlocke Run of BB on youtube and I wanted to play it for myself, but right now that seems impossible. Can someone PLEASE help me?
The folder isn't called PokemonBlack.nds; to be honest if you've got the ROM and xdelta stuff in the same folder then it should be working fine. I'm not really sure what's happening there =\

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if there's a way to download this so I can play it on my DS, instead of my computer? Maybe by downloading it onto an empty cartridge or something? ANY help with my question would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
You'll need a flashcard such as an R4, Acekard etcetera for that.

i asked because they say that they changed some tymes and movesets
Yeah, Butterfree doesn't learn Fly in this, at least not at the moment. Just to clarify, it's 'he', rather than 'they'; if you're using they in a plural context I just want to emphasize this is a solo project (with some tiny exceptions).

Hey, Drayano.

Prepare to do Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2.

[Image]
You're about the third person to mention this. =P But yes, I am already prepared! Assuming they're hackable, of course, but I'll be surprised if the file structures are any different from BW, really. I'm not sure if I want to keep the same names or not yet though; probably dependent on what they actually turn out to be (i.e. actual sequels or a third version combined with a sequel or what)

Also, progress report: Sacred Gold and Storm Silver are about 25-30% done now.

Norton Lolimut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it wouldn't.

I mean, we don't even know what BW2 look like. If this is still a game based on Unova, I don't see why it should be an Hoenn based hack.

Trundles

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is there a way to "update" my hack version without losing my progress?

I started playing this months ago and recently picked it up again, but I would like to run the latest version without having to start over.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You just change the ROM, and keep the same .sav file. Though I may have changed items and such which means you might miss out on things depending on what version you were on to begin with.

Also, I have no intention of doing a Hoenn based hack unless B2W2 are Hoenn to begin with. Aside from the fact I can't sprite for my life anyway I've yet to see any good results out of the numerous R/S "remake" attempts. Keeping it to the same region is cleaner, more efficient and imo, more effective.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You just change the ROM, and keep the same .sav file. Though I may have changed items and such which means you might miss out on things depending on what version you were on to begin with.

Also, I have no intention of doing a Hoenn based hack unless B2W2 are Hoenn to begin with. Aside from the fact I can't sprite for my life anyway I've yet to see any good results out of the numerous R/S "remake" attempts. Keeping it to the same region is cleaner, more efficient and imo, more effective.

I agree with you on the last part. Playing your hack is fun mostly due to the fact that the region is familiar, but with a new twist (imo).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7