Pokemon Black & White gameplay video

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet. Looking forward to this game.

EDIT: Woah, it seems that the Pokémon Center is just a regular building with the trademark design at the front. And what a cool concept (camera rotation)

D

Deleted User

the new city seems...different..i think i liked other pokemon citys better but i cant judge it now i need to play it first

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohmy.gif
There's a map of the city on one of the signs... that city reminds me of the Palm Island of Dubai.

...And what's that brown thing beside the Pokémon Center?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikolay said:
I wish I could understand Japanese sometimes..
From how they react, it almost looks like they're all saying "OH DEAR GOD, A DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLE!!! AMAZING! AND THE BATTLES HAVE SLIGHT BACKGROUNDS AND THE CHARACTERS HAVE SHADOWS NOW!!! NEW AND EXCITING".

Sorry, had to do it. I'm not hating on the gameplay anyways, just a major overreaction on slight graphical enhancements. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they were saying.
rofl2.gif

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Nikolay said:
From how they react, it almost looks like they're all saying "OH DEAR GOD, A DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLE!!! AMAZING! AND THE BATTLES HAVE SLIGHT BACKGROUNDS AND THE CHARACTERS HAVE SHADOWS NOW!!! NEW AND EXCITING".

Sorry, had to do it. I'm not hating on the gameplay anyways, just a major overreaction on slight graphical enhancements. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they were saying.
rofl2.gif

Well, you're right. It seems they don't try much with these.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Neato. But I have a feeling this change isn't so dramatic after all. After all, it's evident they're using the same engine, so what's the big fuss over a bit of perspective change?

Maybe I'm just being a negative Nancy.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Nikolay said:

rofl2.gif

Its their job to act excited. The little kiddies in Japan need dramatic gasps and yelling so they'll be enticed to ask their parents to buy the games for them.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
Rock Raiyu said:
I never noticed it till they pointed it out but now they have background images for battles. That's different.
They used to have just background colours indicating the environment, isn't that all we need?
Those weren't necessarily backgrounds though since it was like a patch of grass or some water. Like you said, they showed the environment but in B/W, they have it literally in the background where you can see the city which is different.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing all too revolutionary, imo. I did like the new 3D aspect of the cities, but I wish they showed what it looked like to walk inbetween the buildings...

The battle scene looks okay, I like how the pokemon have full back sprites now (I wonder about trainers...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==