ROM Hack Pokemon Black and White translation info help thread WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Jin trigger im not a patcher neither do i knw wht how to do it but i have still 5 days till my university interview,if i can help out in some way tell i dnt knw much abt butt still

johhnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
johhnydaman said:
I am patient im just wondering has anybody started yet?

Again, you can't start on a patch without locating and modifying.
If you're patient, there's no need to ask unless you plan to help them.
Ok again...im just wondering has anyone started that yet???

and..i dont have a clue how to do it i barely knew how to set up my flashcart..

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johhnydaman said:
Ok again...im just wondering has anyone started that yet???

and..i dont have a clue how to do it i barely knew how to set up my flashcart..

My guess is... no?
A patch itself only takes a few seconds to a minute to create, so no.

But the process it takes to put into a patch, takes a long time to make, depending on if you can find and decompress the files.
If the file has no decompression, then you need to just locate and modify them.

So again, no.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't saying no one was patience. Nothing wrong with asking. I was letting you know it'll probably get done wants people figure out how to hack it and I'd just suggested the helping part cause I figure it make the wait shorter (which is why I'm trying to help in whatever way possible).

Also I translated some menus and put up the translation on my last post. I can put it back up here if need be. Is there like one page with all the translations on it...I was thinking about making a document with all the translations that have been done so far so when it comes to hacking b/w those doing it on't have to go all over the place for the translations.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just wanna ask something. I've seen a thread that is almost a complete index of B/W translated stuff. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78929

Are there any other threads with translated stuff or is that the most complete one? Just wanna make sure as I'm enjoying the game and would like as much resources as possible before a translation patch comes. Thanks
smile.gif

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
Hey guys, I just wanna ask something. I've seen a thread that is almost a complete index of B/W translated stuff. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78929

Are there any other threads with translated stuff or is that the most complete one? Just wanna make sure as I'm enjoying the game and would like as much resources as possible before a translation patch comes. Thanks
smile.gif

Have a look at this site link

johhnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys do you think i should make a thread with all the sources for translations on black and white and put them all together...that way i might be helping..

johhnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys do you think i should make a thread with all the sources for translations on black and white and put them all together...that way i might be helping..

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
johhnydaman said:
Yup. That would be helpful. I was planning to make one but I can't be bothered to gather up stuff.

samjef11, thanks for the link
smile.gif

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
johhnydaman said:

I had suggested that myself, but no one answered. I think it'd be a good idea if we bring all the transalations needed to one place.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
johhnydaman said:

I had suggested that myself, but no one answered. I think it'd be a good idea if we bring all the transalations needed to one place.
Yep makes sense i agree

jxthemafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
JinTrigger said:
johhnydaman said:

That will be great in this way we can help the patchers the best way we can
yaynds.gif

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have made a thread...please add more information to it and i will put it up!

just search for pokemon black & white translator help!

ascension7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm available to help with this. I know how to access the 0/0/0 etc files in the game, but do I simply use a hex editor? Or is there some PokemansProgram someone's made?
tongue.gif
I assume I'd need to get a hex editor that supports katakana/kanji, like the link above, but I'm not exactly sure how to get it to work with the Japanese characters.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ascension7 said:
I'm available to help with this. I know how to access the 0/0/0 etc files in the game, but do I simply use a hex editor? Or is there some PokemansProgram someone's made?
tongue.gif
I assume I'd need to get a hex editor that supports katakana/kanji, like the link above, but I'm not exactly sure how to get it to work with the Japanese characters.
I think people are updating a current program to work with black and white. (forgot the Program's name)

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
ascension7 said:
tongue.gif
I think people are updating a current program to work with black and white. (forgot the Program's name)
Thenewpoketext? Once that gets updated, a google translation will be possible
biggrin.gif

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know a lot about what's happening, but if you give a program and some instructions, I'd be happy to help since I have nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...