Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saulislegit said:
You can get far without Patience
smile.gif
Well someone's bound to do some sort of translation....Lets see

How far can you get without patience? Especially when you have to rely on someone else. Not very far, too many ungrateful impatient people out there with self-entitlement issues. Even if there's no translation for this, at least a full localization is coming out. I don't see why you can't wait for that. Six months, big deal, at least a group of people are doing it and doing it the right way.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Summary of the thread:
QUOTE said:
Yarr, after pirating the game 4 free I can't play it cuz my wooden leg prevents me from taking Japanese class, therefore I want to get (for free) a translation asap so I can play it, do it now :>, I won't learn your language, you will learn mine, I won't wait for a release even though I know it's incoming, it will wait for me, I am the center of the world! I am gravity! everyone owes me their life! for free!
or so?

xDarkAngelx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to start working on an English translation as soon as they find out where the script is...anyone willing to help? I'll probably need it.

killnnllik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe some people who know Japanese could already start by roughly translating some text, so that we can insert it into the ROM as soon as we know where the text is located inside the ROM's

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its not easy but someone should translate the text so that we can all learn the storyline
yaynds.gif

And could someone tell me what is involved in doing a translation of the text? And, could someone also tell me how long a full translation of just the text would take if someone was dedicated to doing about 2 and a half hours a day?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
johnnydaman said:
I know its not easy but someone should translate the text so that we can all learn the storyline
yaynds.gif

And could someone tell me what is involved in doing a translation of the text? And, could someone also tell me how long a full translation of just the text would take if someone was dedicated to doing about 2 and a half hours a day?
It would take months. This usually happens each time a pokemon NDS game is released iin japanese. Don't expect any full translations from anybody especially with the change of text and such within the games compared to HG/SS and all the rest of the Pokemon NDS titles.

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
johnnydaman said:
yaynds.gif

It would take months. This usually happens each time a pokemon NDS game is released iin japanese. Don't expect any full translations from anybody especially with the change of text and such within the games compared to HG/SS and all the rest of the Pokemon NDS titles.

Oh, ok thanks. I suppose that now i know im just going to wait until March next year...

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johnnydaman said:
yaynds.gif

WHY would you want a full translation? Why would someone spend months making a full translation for a game that will be out in English in six months? That is about how long it'd take for a full translation of this game. Don't be so impatient, I can almost promise you no one will do a full translation because it takes a long time to do it, by time they'd be done the real game would be out.

I can understand a menu, moves and items, but a full translation is just being greedy.

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
johnnydaman said:
yaynds.gif

WHY would you want a full translation? Why would someone spend months making a full translation for a game that will be out in English in six months? That is about how long it'd take for a full translation of this game. Don't be so impatient, I can almost promise you no one will do a full translation because it takes a long time to do it, by time they'd be done the real game would be out.

I can understand a menu, moves and items, but a full translation is just being greedy.

Alri like calm down! I didnt know how long it would take and someone already answered the question and im waiting for the game now ya langer!

xDarkAngelx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
johnnydaman said:
yaynds.gif

Yeah I know it'd take a long time, but I'm willing to translate names, moves, menus, maybe items so it'll at least be playable if you don't understand the Japanese language...I don't really plan to jump into the storyline...
And yes, I do know it won't be easy...but I have the time and motivation to work on it...
I might need a helper, so if anyone's willing to help me w/ this...you know...

johnnydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDarkAngelx said:
nebula91 said:
johnnydaman said:
yaynds.gif

Yeah I know it'd take a long time, but I'm willing to translate names, moves, and menus...I don't really plan to jump into the storyline...
And yes, I do know it won't be easy...but I have the time and motivation to work on it...
I might need a helper, so if anyone's willing to help me w/ this...
I would but im not good with these kind of things and dont know much about them. Do you think some team of people outside of gbatemp might do some sort of story translation?

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
johnnydaman said:
xDarkAngelx said:
nebula91 said:
johnnydaman said:
yaynds.gif

Yeah I know it'd take a long time, but I'm willing to translate names, moves, and menus...I don't really plan to jump into the storyline...
I might need a helper, so if anyone's willing to help me w/ this...
I would but im not good with these kind of things and dont know much about them. Do you think some team of people outside of gbatemp might do some sort of story translation?

Yeh i'm sure you can head over to a site like gamefaq or some other website which has people that have played through the game. They will tell you what happens in the story..
Why put people through all the trouble of translating the game, when it will come out (in english) shortly after they finish? If you want the story just look it up.. I doubt it'll be impressive anyway, it's pokemon.

edo906

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The story isn't enough, only moves and items is perfectly. Without moves in english is impossible to play.

Thanks so much xdarkangelx
wink.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I really want is a Menu/Items/Attacks/Pokemon Translation. And I don't even care if that's not done, I can wait. Wanting the story translated is being greedy, and it's pokemon, you can probably guess the story.

Spikeynator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
edo906 said:
The story isn't enough, only moves and items is perfectly. Without moves in english is impossible to play.

no its not impossible
tongue.gif

ive played every game of pokemon there is so i know the moves like the back of my hand
tongue.gif

only the new moves are unpredictable but u can still see if it does dmg or fills HP n such...

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Spikeynator said:
no its not impossible
tongue.gif

ive played every game of pokemon there is so i know the moves like the back of my hand
tongue.gif

only the new moves are unpredictable but u can still see if it does dmg or fills HP n such...

The moves in Japanese?
Nah, probably the animations and stats of the attack.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Nah, probably the animations and stats of the attack.

Eh...
To translate the moves, you have to see the Japanese names even if you play the game using each move to see the animation and stats.

Unless of course you're being sarcastic.
He wasn't talking about translating. He was talking about how it's not impossible to play without the moves in english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...