ROM Hack Pokemon Black and White Script editing?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically, i've been digging around for any progress/info on Black and white Script editing (Specifically adding npcs and trainer battles) and can't seem to find any info on it.

Does anyone know how I could go about this or if it is even possible?

- Thanks in advance.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there is any :'(

:/ Hmm, well I at least managed to find something related to what I wanted to do, Looks like Oxnite knows how to move Npcs from a certain location on their map to a new location on the same map.. Which would be great!

tagbattle01.png

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can find more info on that here.

Ahh thank you! Havn't properly read through it yet but by using this will it allow me to move the location of trainers on the maps? Also, could I move overworld scripted events like the bianca battle on route 2 to a new location?

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
You can definitely move the locations of the trainers that are already there, but the Bianca thing... I don't know. I would hazard a guess it's a trigger script so you might be able to actually, but I haven't the foggiest on where to begin on that.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can definitely move the locations of the trainers that are already there, but the Bianca thing... I don't know. I would hazard a guess it's a trigger script so you might be able to actually, but I haven't the foggiest on where to begin on that.

Okay this is great news! I shall look into this more tomorrow, thank you very much for supplying me with a great starting ground!

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw is there any way of adding new Overworlds to the game. Not even giving it any scripts or anything, but just simply inserting an overworld like a 'Cut' Tree to a route?

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could replace an existing overworld, for example an item, and change it into a Cut Tree. First take a look at an original Cut Tree event and copy the script, for example. There are probably many more options but I'm too busy to try atm.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You could replace an existing overworld, for example an item, and change it into a Cut Tree. First take a look at an original Cut Tree event and copy the script, for example. There are probably many more options but I'm too busy to try atm.

So I wouldn't be able to add new hex data in the scripting narc in order to add a new overworld to a location, then with that overworld (Take cut tree as example) I'd copy and paste the script data from a original cut script data and insert it in the new overworld hex data to create a new cut tree?

Oxnite

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think Cut Trees use one certain script for each overworld. Each overworld links to a certain script. If you use the script used for a Cut Tree, you can copy and paste it to use it for another overworld. Then, you only have to change the overworld sprite and you're done.

I actually think it's as simple as that but I still have to try. Probably somewhere this weekend.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Cut Trees use one certain script for each overworld. Each overworld links to a certain script. If you use the script used for a Cut Tree, you can copy and paste it to use it for another overworld. Then, you only have to change the overworld sprite and you're done.

I actually think it's as simple as that but I still have to try. Probably somewhere this weekend.

If this works it'll be very helpful for me :D Athough it terms of scripting. There wouldn't be much you could do with an overworld such as an Npc. But would this be possible - Creating a new overworld of a npc (Such as a plasma grunt), then copying the scripts from another generic plasma grunt in the game to the new overworld. Basically creating a generic copy of a plasma grunt and inserting him in a different location from the original?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455