Pokemon Black and White Anti-Piracy Patch question

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by The Pharaoh, Aug 8, 2010.

1. The Pharaoh
    OP

Newcomer The Pharaoh Newbie

United States
    As you know, Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver had a anti-piracy mechanism which caused alot of problems with some people here and there. Here, a patch was made to fix the problem

So let's say in a hypothetical situation that I provided to you the copy of my game via ROM in the week of it's release. Would you all be willing to patch the Anti-piracy for the overall public?

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    Yes

i would work with RetroGameFan and have a patch ASAP

im buying the game anyway [​IMG]

id like to know how someone in America plans to get it early tho

3. The Pharaoh
    OP

United States
    You can say I have some friendly connections in japan and am getting the game imported here. If I'm lucky, I might get it earlier

4. Pong20302000

Japan
    i still think its very unlikely for you to have it dumped well before someone in japan dumps it

5. The Pharaoh
    OP

United States
    It is very unlikely since japan is fast and all XD. But if I (and anyone else for that matter) don't happen to find a dump from japan, I'll dump it myself

The whole point is just asking if this board would be interested in doing the AP patch in general for B&W.

6. Pong20302000

Japan
    well Myself, RetroGameFan, YWG, Normmatt and all other people that work on carts will be fighting to get this out first you realize

7. Zombie_Fetus

Newcomer Zombie_Fetus Member

United States
    I'm expecting you guys to know of a rom leak first. Since that bus has been driving around I've been half ass expecting every day for a DEMO rom to leak. That would be amazing, playing the game a little bit, and having it hacked to leak the Pokedex...

Let's hope someone in Japan has the balls and means to do this.

I'm expecting the game to leak at LEAST 3 days before it launches, if not 5.

8. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm curious about the demo too. I don't think it could be like the HGSS demo which was at Nintendo Zones; that would require an internet connection. It's worth noting that an English demo of Pokemon DP was dumped (a long time ago) and it was actually the full game. Blocks were placed of course but everything was still there in the ROM.

9. steven gambee

Newcomer steven gambee Advanced Member

Canada
    black and whiteee! gunna be sick. i really hope we have an AP patch within the first week, im gunna hate not being able to play the game fully till then