Hacking Pokemon AS restoring SAVE Pls Help

Mikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i backed up my Alpha Sapphire save from last month via savedatafiler. When I try to import the save on my other 3ds with the same AS game version, it doesn't load. It has the "corrupted data" thing. I've managed to make everything work on other games... tried backing up and restoring saves from MH4u, MHX, Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers.. my questions are..

why is my Pokemon AS not loading the back up I had before?
Is there a way to load my backed up AS save through savedatafiler?

Mikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and which one is saying the save is corrupted ? the one with 4.5 sysnand ?

i never used sysnand. my pokemon AS save (one from emunand) doesn't get restored via savedatafiler on my other device but my other games worked fine. i'm 100% sure that my save isn't corrupted

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try starting a new file on the 3DS you're importing to, and then import/overwrite that new save with the old one in save manager. (I think I heard somewhere there has to be a save in order to import)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i never used sysnand. my pokemon AS save (one from emunand) doesn't get restored via savedatafiler on my other device but my other games worked fine. i'm 100% sure that my save isn't corrupted
i know you are not using sysnand , but if you use it on the N3DS emunand 10.5 which have 9.2 sysnand it will work
but it wont work on on O3DS 10.5 emunand which have 4.5 sysnand

because this game is NAND based i think

Mikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try starting a new file on the 3DS you're importing to, and then import/overwrite that new save with the old one in save manager.
tried that :( i played the game a bit, exported the save, changed the "main" save file (backup of my previous save), imported it via savedatafiler, loaded the game... it has the corrupted error. :( I have multiple backups of different AS saves. tried them all... none worked OTL :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i know you are not using sysnand , but if you use it on the N3DS emunand 10.5 which have 9.2 sysnand it will work
but it wont work on on O3DS 10.5 emunand which have 4.5 sysnand

because this game is NAND based i think
it's really weird cuz i've made and played my saves on my o3ds.. all worked when i transferred them to my n3ds, except pokemon AS :(

Mikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try placing the clean backup of your other file in the save manager and importing it. Rather than exporting your new one and changing a file.
i'm sorry but i'm not sure how that works.
do i have to import my o3ds back up without exporting the n3ds pokemon AS save first? wouldn't they have different save address (name) inside savedatafiler's directory?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, make sure you have a save working on the AS you're importing to, and then import your o3DS backup over it.

I imagine that if you export the new save and only change one file then it will have mismatches with the other files. (Become corrupted)

Mikan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, make sure you have a save working on the AS you're importing to, and then import your o3DS backup over it.

I imagine that if you export the new save and only change one file then it will have mismatches with the other files. (Become corrupted)
i'll try that. thank you. hope it works /crosses fingers

mrkurtcobain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a tool for this issue. You will play the game and start a new file, then you will import both the new save and old save, and it will fix the old save while using the new saves data. Then you import the old save back into ds and you will be back where you left off.
Link; https://codeload.github.com/suloku/secure-value-patcher/zip/master
You will find the executable program in the 'release' folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: