ROM Hack Pokemon AP Suggestion (NOT A SOLUTION!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i know that i know nothing about AP, but as i at first played the US HGSS roms, an idea popped into my head. What if we were all wrong about the number of events? Like what if instead of 24 events, it was actually 25-30 or so events. This theory comes from the realization that starting up the game itself and the few (i think 3 or 4) screens that we go through at the beginning when turning on the game itself could possibly add on to the number of events we previously thought. So idk, but if some AP hacker was searching for something related to 24 events, this would explain why. I REPEAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AP HACKING. THIS IS SOLELY MY ASSUMPTIONS/BELIEFS. IM NOT TRYING TO SOUND SMART AT ALL IM JUST GIVING MY OPINION. Please before ban/lock i would like atleast a reply, at most a pm from someone who actually proves/disproves this method. DO NOT POST IF YOU SAY YOU AGREE, AS I DONT GIVE NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE SHITS ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. Thank you and good day
mellow.gif
closedeyes.gif

EDIT: Im not complaining about the AP, ive come to terms with my crap card, i know to upgrade and am currently accumulating money for that goal, so please no posts about upgrading either. Also i will accept all punishment that comes, as i said i love GBATemp, and did everything in my no-power to cure it of the pokemon plague that hits every pokemon game.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually said i dont care about what anyone has to say. i specifically explained that this was only my lowly theory as i knew nothing about AP. i said that several times actually.

EDIT: Thanks to those who arent posting after reading, it'll help delay the closing of this topic very slighty

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Why are u risking , for no reason , a ban when have 65 post?
huh.gif
I love GBATemp. Therefore i try in the no power i have to save it from the plague that is pokemon. Thanks for your concern though, it warms my heart
gbasp.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iggloovortex said:
EDIT: Thanks to those who arent posting after reading, it'll help delay the closing of this topic very slighty
I have to be honest with you, most of them, if they view and leave most likely reported this post. So it's not the amount of replies that get it noticed, it's the amount of reports

s3k7i0n8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k theres a formula that works with all number of badges that determines the number of crashes. If you walk in/out of doors after 24 times w.o badges u freeze just like you are supposed if you have 1 badge it will happen after 21 times of walking in/out now if u added on 3 or 4 events it would throw off that formula how is that for disproving your theory.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3k7i0n8 said:
k theres a formula that works with all number of badges that determines the number of crashes. If you walk in/out of doors after 24 times w.o badges u freeze just like you are supposed if you have 1 badge it will happen after 21 times of walking in/out now if u added on 3 or 4 events it would throw off that formula how is that for disproving your theory.
i am aware of this formula and as for my theory, the first few events it would just add on to the decreasing number

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3k7i0n8 said:

You can always add a constant to an equation. There could be a constant of 3 or 4 added on (to take into account for the title screen), so really what he's saying is plausible but is no different from what we already know.

s3k7i0n8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also doubt it because if you have 8 badges if crashes after you choose continue as of your theory it shuld crash as soon as you load the rom

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iggloovortex said:
So i know that i know nothing about AP, but as i at first played the US HGSS roms, an idea popped into my head. What if we were all wrong about the number of events? Like what if instead of 24 events, it was actually 25-30 or so events. This theory comes from the realization that starting up the game itself and the few (i think 3 or 4) screens that we go through at the beginning when turning on the game itself could possibly add on to the number of events we previously thought. So idk, but if some AP hacker was searching for something related to 24 events, this would explain why. I REPEAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AP HACKING. THIS IS SOLELY MY ASSUMPTIONS/BELIEFS. IM NOT TRYING TO SOUND SMART AT ALL IM JUST GIVING MY OPINION. Please before ban/lock i would like atleast a reply, at most a pm from someone who actually proves/disproves this method. DO NOT POST IF YOU SAY YOU AGREE, AS I DONT GIVE NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE SHITS ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. Thank you and good day
mellow.gif
closedeyes.gif

EDIT: Im not complaining about the AP, ive come to terms with my crap card, i know to upgrade and am currently accumulating money for that goal, so please no posts about upgrading either. Also i will accept all punishment that comes, as i said i love GBATemp, and did everything in my no-power to cure it of the pokemon plague that hits every pokemon game.

1. Why would you post if you believed you would have a chance of being banned?
2. Even if it did add to the number of events, what difference would it make?
3. Buy the game if you want it so bad. (I did and already beat it)

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you all for your input but can we all shh and wait until a real hacker dis/proves this? i dont want this being closed so quick

EDIT: cokeman99 i said i wasnt complaining and i am going to buy the game

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, guys, shh so we can have people disprove this like it already has been.
/sarcasm

iggloo it's been disproved, the formula is solid, there's no sense in trying to have more people disprove it. Double the work for no gain makes no sense. In time, we may have a patch for this to remove the AP from the rom. I know nothing about AP or rom hacking in general so I am not going to even try. But if we don't get a patch, it will kill off the old cards that don't get updates, like R4's and such. Most (right?) of the major teams have released a new firmware for their card(s) that either greatly reduce or eliminate the crashing.

vrn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"thank you all for your input but can we all shh and wait until a real hacker dis/proves this? i dont want this being closed so quick"

There is nothing to be proved/disproved. Do you think it really makes any difference whether it's twenty four events or twenty five?

Maybe you're accustomed to the fact that when you're looking for something on the internet or in a file, you type "24" into the search box, and if it's actually 25 you won't find it. But that's not how hacking works. You can't search the game's code for a particular thing using conventional search terms. More specifically, you try to replicate the event that you're attempting to hack, and you observe which hexes or parts of the game's code become active when said event occurs.

The 24 events thing is just a guideline so that people don't spread misleading information, "I've been playing for 30min and no freezes yet, must be fixed", etc. It's not the basis by which hackers try to determine where the AP is located. So it wouldn't matter if it was 24 or 25 or 26, or whatever.

I know you're trying to help but the game's been out for weeks. There's not much that someone who knows nothing about hacking/programming can suggest that hasn't already been tried/considered. Moreover, it's a pain when hundreds of people who don't know anything flood the forums with suggestions that sound ridiculous or nonsensical from a programming standpoint, because it makes it hard for those who are attempting to work on a patch to get legitimate information across.

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vrn said:
"thank you all for your input but can we all shh and wait until a real hacker dis/proves this? i dont want this being closed so quick"

There is nothing to be proved/disproved. Do you think it really makes any difference whether it's twenty four events or twenty five?

Maybe you're accustomed to the fact that when you're looking for something on the internet or in a file, you type "24" into the search box, and if it's actually 25 you won't find it. But that's not how hacking works. You can't search the game's code for a particular thing using conventional search terms. More specifically, you try to replicate the event that you're attempting to hack, and you observe which hexes or parts of the game's code become active when said event occurs.

The 24 events thing is just a guideline so that people don't spread misleading information, "I've been playing for 30min and no freezes yet, must be fixed", etc. It's not the basis by which hackers try to determine where the AP is located. So it wouldn't matter if it was 24 or 25 or 26, or whatever.

I know you're trying to help but the game's been out for weeks. There's not much that someone who knows nothing about hacking/programming can suggest that hasn't already been tried/considered. Moreover, it's a pain when hundreds of people who don't know anything flood the forums with suggestions that sound ridiculous or nonsensical from a programming standpoint, because it makes it hard for those are attempting to work on a patch to get legitimate information across.

+1

and I never said you were complaining.
/thread

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey TC, your not making matters better by saying (I may be banned)

and honestly, your message got lost, because your not being clear enough.

vrn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His message was perfectly clear, it's just wrong.

I don't think people need to point out the whole banning thing. . . this is really getting overboard. But before you post, think: Why are the mods closing down all threads related to an AP patch? Because so many people are making them. Why are so many people doing it? Because they know nothing about hacking/programming so naturally everyone thinks they have a solution that someone else can try for them. Here's a hint: Yours is as bad as everyone else's.

"I have a great suggestion how to make a hovercar and it should work in theory, but I know nothing about engineering or science, can someone else with tons of money and experience try what I'm saying to see if I'm right?" That's not how things work in the real world.

It's easy to come up with an uneducated idea and ask someone knowledgeable to do it, but it's pretty damn hard to do something on your own when you do have the knowledge. Why do you think an AP patch hasn't been made yet if there are people who can hack? Because it's not that easy. That's why the hacking community gets annoyed and you aren't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Hi how is everyone doing?