Pokeball after eShop closes

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have pokebank and poke transfer installed on my 3ds with an expired pass. Do I need to buy a pass before the eShop closes, or can I wait and get it for free?

drfunkenstein2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o snap, so do i. when does it close?
Post automatically merged:

As long as you download Pokémon Bank before the end of March 2023, you should then be able to use the whole service for free (no payments required) when the 3DS eShop closes its doors.

so they will keep it up?

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got my hand on a 3ds really cheap and I am considering to sell it. If I install pokebank and transfer on it will the person I sell it to be able to connect it to there account after eShop closes?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my hand on a 3ds really cheap and I am considering to sell it. If I install pokebank and transfer on it will the person I sell it to be able to connect it to there account after eShop closes?
You will need to sign in with your NNID in order to download Pokemon Bank, and you will need to wipe the 3DS before someone else can sign in. So, no.

You need to have a previous purchased subscription in order to use it for free.
This seems to contradict what everyone else is saying?

You do need to have a previously purchased subscription in order to download Pokemon Transporter – unless you use the homebrew that just came out recently.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/11c19lz/go_to_poketransporter_page_3dsx_to_go_directly_to/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...orter-without-paying-for-pokemon-bank.626954/

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to sign in with your NNID in order to download Pokemon Bank, and you will need to wipe the 3DS before someone else can sign in. So, no.

This seems to contradict what everyone else is saying?

You do need to have a previously purchased subscription in order to download Pokemon Transporter – unless you use the homebrew that just came out recently.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/11c19lz/go_to_poketransporter_page_3dsx_to_go_directly_to/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...orter-without-paying-for-pokemon-bank.626954/

Well you need to have it setup before March 27th because after that if people was trying to do it through the eshop they can no longer download poke transporter, which require a paid subscription of pokemon bank.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...=On March 27, 2023 at,Pokémon Bank at no cost.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well you need to have it setup before March 27th because after that if people was trying to do it through the eshop they can no longer download poke transporter, which require a paid subscription of pokemon bank.
You can download Pokemon Bank before March 27 and use it for free afterwards with XY/ORAS/SM/USUM (and the eShop versions of RBY/GS) without having to pay for it first. Pokemon Transporter is unnecessary for those games.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download Pokemon Bank before March 27 and use it for free afterwards with XY/ORAS/SM/USUM (and the eShop versions of RBY/GS) without having to pay for it first. Pokemon Transporter is unnecessary for those games.

That isn't what OP asks for.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, someone already answered what the OP is asking for, and you're writing something completely different, so I don't know what you're writing!

You still need a paid subscription in order to get poke transporter legally, if you didn't download it before March 27th obviously you won't be able to get it afterward because it is not part of your redownload list.

Learn to answer someone questions correctly instead driving people in loops. OP asked how to get pokebank and poke transporter not just bank.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You still need a paid subscription in order to get poke transporter legally, if you didn't download it before March 27th obviously you won't be able to get it afterward because it is not part of your redownload list.
Yes, and the OP said:
I have pokebank and poke transfer installed on my 3ds with an expired pass.

Learn to answer someone questions correctly instead driving people in loops.
Oh very nice, sir. Shall I accuse you of spreading inaccurate and misleading information?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Learn to answer someone questions correctly instead driving people in loops. OP asked how to get pokebank and poke transporter not just bank.
With the special tool released by TuxSH you don't need to purchase a Bank pass to download it from the eShop. Once that's done it counts as being acquired on the account, regardless of the status of Bank. Anyone with homebrew access can use it until March 27.

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would it be an idea to create a new Nintendo account using a random email, and later sell the 3ds with that account? Then however buys it can connect that email to there's pokemon home?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be an idea to create a new Nintendo account using a random email, and later sell the 3ds with that account? Then however buys it can connect that email to there's pokemon home?
You could do that, but you would have to format the 3DS in order to create a new NNID to sign into the eShop and download Pokemon Bank.

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the replys. I already got cfw on it and I never played on it. I bought it in a bundle with a lot of games that I wanted.
I will format and make a random account

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.