Gaming Is there any way to get Poké transporter without paying for Pokémon Bank?

jameshulk4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As most of you may know, the Nintendo eShop will be shutting down this month. As a result, Nintendo is making Pokémon Bank free to use.
However, the only way to obtain Poké Transporter is a button in Pokémon Bank that sends you to the eShop (this button is only accessible after paying for the subscription)
Will I be able to obtain Poké Transporter after the eShop shuts down? I do not feel like paying for a service to have it for only 20-ish days.
If not, is there any way to obtain it (legally, of course!) without paying the subscription fee? Thank you!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need a subscription of pokebank to get Poke Transporter, it just bundle with it when it is download from the eshop.
No, that's not how it works at all. As explained on the Reddit page, Pokemon Bank specifically opens the eShop page for Poke Transporter after you start it - but you can't start it without paying.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not how it works at all. As explained on the Reddit page, Pokemon Bank specifically opens the eShop page for Poke Transporter after you start it - but you can't start it without paying.

Technically I don't think you need to pay, when pokebank give customers 30 days trials for first time use prior to march 2020, so people could download poke transporter without paying for a subscription.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically I don't think you need to pay, when pokebank give customers 30 days trials for first time use prior to march 2020, so people could download poke transporter without paying for a subscription.
Pokémon Bank only gave 30 day free trials at specific points such as when HOME first released.

ArtisanHyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use two adapters—one for DS (NDS Adapter Plus) and one for 3DS (Save Dongle). Hit up your PKHex after you back up your saves and move them however you want.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a QR Code for the homebrew? My PC is broken rn
So you're using a smartphone? You can probably install FTPD via Universal Updater, install an FTP client on your phone (there are tons of them), and then copy the .3dsx file over that way.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Presumably, once Pokemon Bank is made free to use then the button to download Poke Transporter will be enabled and it should still be downloadable as Nintendo aren't taking down the content from the CDN just yet.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Presumably, once Pokemon Bank is made free to use then the button to download Poke Transporter will be enabled and it should still be downloadable as Nintendo aren't taking down the content from the CDN just yet.
Game updates will still be available to download, but Pokemon Transporter is a completely separate title from Pokemon Bank. I don't think anyone really knows if it will be downloadable or not. It might be best to err on the safe side.

GamerNoob419

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried downloading poke transporter off the Eshop, but it just says "this software is currently unavailable". is there any way to still get it?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried downloading poke transporter off the Eshop, but it just says "this software is currently unavailable". is there any way to still get it?
At this point you'll probably have to install b9s+Luma and install it via .cia. It's not entirely clear to me if it will still work properly with Pokemon Bank if it is installed that way – but I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

It's not inconceivable that Nintendo might release some kind of update that will make it available again, but the odds are looking very, very slim.

The .3dsx from Reddit just opens the eShop page exactly the same way as from Pokemon Bank and will very likely not help.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You people were warned multiple times by many social media sources that the eShop would close, I can't believe many of you didn't even take any measure lol.
The only way to get that app again now is by installing it manually, you know what that does mean, so I won't explain any further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night