Homebrew Pokémon Moon save file thread...

Stercate79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this is the situation, i have Pokémon Moon installed on my 3DS, but i pre-ordered Pokémon Sun, I AM NOT a patient person at all, and i was wondering:

1) I could cancel my Pokémon Sun preorder and preoder Pokémon Moon instead. This is the real question, if i have the physical cartdridge, and a .cia version of the game, am i able to transfer the save file from .cia version to the cartdridge version?

Thank you so much.
ANTIPIRACY WARRIORS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD, go somewhere else, thanks.

PS: This is not only a patient question, but even a spoiler one. 2 weeks are long, i don't wanna play a game spoiled everywhere.

Last edited by Stercate79,

Stercate79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can transfer saves between cartridges with JKSM.
I know that JKSM can do that, but even from a .cia version to a cartdridge version? I'm not an expert, but i think there is some shit around the header, that prevents you from doing the transfer.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that JKSM can do that, but even from a .cia version to a cartdridge version? I'm not an expert, but i think there is some shit around the header, that prevents you from doing the transfer.
Sorry, I meant to include that you could do it between CIAs and cartridges. What you're referring to is the secure value which JKSM takes care of.

Reactions: Stercate79

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this is the situation, i have Pokémon Moon installed on my 3DS, but i pre-ordered Pokémon Sun, I AM NOT a patient person at all, and i was wondering:

1) I could cancel my Pokémon Sun preorder and preoder Pokémon Moon instead. This is the real question, if i have the physical cartdridge, and a .cia version of the game, am i able to transfer the save file from .cia version to the cartdridge version?

Thank you so much.

PS: This is not only a patient question, but even a spoiler one. 2 weeks are long, i don't wanna play a game spoiled everywhere.

2 weeks? you do know the game releases on the 18th, in 9 days, right?

ForeverEternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you could for instance dump your save of moon. Create a new sun playthrough and modify it so your trainer id and boxes match your moon save. Then rush the game until you reach where you were.

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thank you so much.

Yes, you can.

Simply Export the Save from the "cia version" of the game, and then, always in JKSV, on the main menu select Cartridge (when the game is Inserted), go in Save Data Options, choose Import and select the save you exported.

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont think so.
But ever if you can do it, Sun and Moon have different IDs.. so you have to rename the folder to the correct id and try this.

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my firmware is latest with latest OOThax and latest homebrew.but i am not that good with the whole "coding into system to do alot more than what homebrew can do" sort of thing. sysnand,ectra,btw is there a link to a real pokemon moon.cia as some appear to be fakers...

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my firmware is latest with latest OOThax and latest homebrew.but i am not that good with the whole "coding into system to do alot more than what homebrew can do" sort of thing. sysnand,ectra,btw is there a link to a real pokemon moon.cia as some appear to be fakers...
We can't link that here. You also can't get CFW on the latest firmware without a hardmod or by doing the DSiware downgrade method with another system with CFW. Looking for a CIA of Moon is useless and a waste of time for you right now.

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ik about that dumb link rule(which i think is stupid...makes it hard for others to find the legit files and end up getting stupid DERP SH...files) plus what is the dsiwaredowngrade way?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also can't i just play it on citra on PC? i'v seen ppl do that.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ik about that dumb link rule(which i think is stupid...makes it hard for others to find the legit files and end up getting stupid DERP SH...files) plus what is the dsiwaredowngrade way?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also can't i just play it on citra on PC? i'v seen ppl do that.
Yes you can play it on Citra, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

You can read about the DSiware downgrade method here: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters