Pokèmon - evoloution in a trade

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by beautifulbeast, Oct 8, 2007.

Oct 8, 2007
  1. beautifulbeast
    OP

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Alright, after complaining about all the fuss with the Pokèmon games and that stuff, I finally got addicted to it and I'm loving it. The thing is that I'm relatively new to the trading system and therefore can't explain something that happened to me this morning:
    I traded my Kadabra (the one you get from a girl early in the game, called Kazza) for another one through the GTS and when I fetched the new one (wich is also the one you get from this girl in-game, Kazza, level 21 I think) it didn't evolve into Alakazam as I expected.

I looked it up in the Wikipedia and Bulbapedia and both point that it should evolve in the trade, just like Machoke into Machamp. What am I doing wrong?

2. Intruder

Member Intruder GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Either you or the other person pressed B while evolving or Kazza was holding the item that stops it from evolving ( can't remember the name of the item right now... )

3. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    it could be holding everstone. Wild kadabra appears on Routes 215 and Victory Road make another trade.
    Ed?t: also there is a pokemon thread

4. beautifulbeast
    OP

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    @mkoo: I thought that pokemon thread was in use only when the games first came out so fans didn't flood the whole forums with posts about pokemon, mostly saying how cool the game is and such :S

Thanks everyone for your answers anyway [​IMG]