OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(Wikipedia on Poi (Juggling)) said:
Poi is a form of juggling, or object manipulation with balls on ropes, held in the hands and swung in various circular patterns, comparable to club-twirling. It originated with the M?ori people of New Zealand (the word poi means "ball" in M?ori). Women and men used it to increase flexibility, strength, and coordination. It developed into a traditional performance art practiced mostly by women. This art, in conjunction with others including waiata a ringa, haka and titi torea, make up the performance of kapa haka (M?ori culture groups).After having a go with my friend's poi, I decided I wanted some of my own, so I ordered some (there goes my food for the week :'( )
My friend had some rainbow-coloured ones but they look a bit childish, so I got myself some better ones. Instead of hard ends they are beanbag ones, and the tails are detachable. I also ended up buying a DVD that teachers beginners to become l33t at spinning...

If I get good, these are some tricks that aren't too hard... These pictures were taken with special glow poi that light up different colours with a camera using a long exposure time so you can see the trails. I mgiht get some glow poi if I get good at it...

And on an unrelated note, I found a great performance of 'Still Alive' (the ending song from Portal) by a guy in a tiger fursuit...
huh.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pois are a fad imo, but that fursuited person is pretty good
If, by a fad, you mean everyone gets some to follow the crowd, then no, this isn't it. I only know one person who owns some poi. If you mean I will use them for a short time then probably forget about them, you may be right
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.