Pocket Physics

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
What a great time to lose my stylus again.
dry.gif

Looks nifty though!

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is really fun! I saw someone at uni. playing a game like this on the PC where they had to draw shapes to get a ball or some other object to a certain point. Thanks!Â
yaynds.gif

is there a way you can lock a box to the background?

The options at the top right of the screen change an object from static (orange) to dynamic (blue). If you're asking what I think you are, just make an orange box.
that works, thanks:)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
This is very cool. I really wanted Crayon Physics on the DS ever since I played the PC demo, it's a match made in heaven.

Great work by the author, a very promising start.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. What's funny about this is no joke, last night I was fooling around with the PC version and watching the video of the deluxe version (which will allow you to create shapes other than rectangles) thinking how this would make an awesome DS homebrew game. Or actually, it would make an interesting sandbox game if it had say 100 levels or so and then had some user downloadable levels similar to Picross.

Nintendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or actually, it would make an interesting sandbox game if it had say 100 levels or so and then had some user downloadable levels similar to Picross.

That would be great if there were some levels to mess around with.

Still it's pretty fun. Reminds me of the Incredible Machine except it doesn't have preset items or levels.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone fiddle with the source when they have time. It shouldn't be that tough to create levels for this, baby. That would be AWESOME. User made levels. If the source is released it shouldn't be that hard at all. Just add a star somewhere on the screen and some orange colored obstacle blocks and a blue ball that you try to get to the star. Should take like 5 minutes of fiddling with the source to make a level IMO. Then everyone joins in and it would be AMAZING.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone fiddle with the source when they have time. It shouldn't be that tough to create levels for this, baby. Should take like 5 minutes of fiddling with the source to make a level IMO. Then everyone joins in and it would be AMAZING.
Is your opinion an estimate based on your knowledge of programming?
tongue.gif

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but adding an objective (goal) to this homebrew programme and potentially dual screens could sky rocket this homebrew to the level of MoonShell and Beup Live! It looks as if the hardest part of it's already done.
ohmy.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone fiddle with the source when they have time. It shouldn't be that tough to create levels for this, baby. Should take like 5 minutes of fiddling with the source to make a level IMO. Then everyone joins in and it would be AMAZING.

Is your opinion an estimate based on your knowledge of programming?
tongue.gif

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but adding an objective (goal) to this homebrew programme and potentially dual screens could sky rocket this homebrew to the level of MoonShell and Beup Live! It looks as if the hardest part of it's already done.
ohmy.gif
I wasn't talking about anything complicated. Just one objective added. The star. the blue ball part is already implemented. Just a star and some obstacles which essentially are still implemented already.

EDIT: Dual screen compatibility is hella' hard. Don't even think about it. That would be too much. I just wanted a star added. Should take very little time.

A scrolling feature to the bottom screen would be a godsend but I really don't want anyone to try anything that will take over an hour. That is probably how long the scrolling bottom screen will take.

If anyone is bored and wants to add a star I don't see why it would take that long at all. EVERYTHING is already there.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably one of the best DS homebrew I've ever used... Gotta love it.

Absolutely awesome and a great time waster. A bit buggy still, but very nice overall. Would like to see a scrollable playfield though, and when objects fall out of the field for them to be "removed" so they're still not being calculated and slowing everything else down like it does now.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yay, it's the guy that made NitroTracker, bring on the long awaited update!

I didn't notice! NitroTracker's brilllliant! I haven't been following the development process of it but I haven't encountered anything that requires a fix. Is the pending update the addition of post-processed effects?

I wasn't talking about anything complicated. Just one objective added. The star. the blue ball part is already implemented. Just a star and some obstacles which essentially are still implemented already.

EDIT: Dual screen compatibility is hella' hard. Don't even think about it. That would be too much. I just wanted a star added. Should take very little time.

A scrolling feature to the bottom screen would be a godsend but I really don't want anyone to try anything that will take over an hour. That is probably how long the scrolling bottom screen will take.

If anyone is bored and wants to add a star I don't see why it would take that long at all. EVERYTHING is already there.
You were talking about complicated things. Have you ever programmed in your life? "Just" a star being added is not a simple task.
Where are you coming up with these opinions, as well? dual screen = "hella'" hard? What are you basing all of this on? These hour-long implementations etc..

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yay, it's the guy that made NitroTracker, bring on the long awaited update!

I didn't notice! NitroTracker's brilllliant! I haven't been following the development process of it but I haven't encountered anything that requires a fix. Is the pending update the addition of post-processed effects?

I wasn't talking about anything complicated. Just one objective added. The star. the blue ball part is already implemented. Just a star and some obstacles which essentially are still implemented already.

You were talking about complicated things. Have you ever programmed in your life? "Just" a star being added is not a simple task.
Where are you coming up with these opinions, as well? dual screen = "hella'" hard? What are you basing all of this on? These hour-long implementations etc..
I was saying over an hour just as a way of saying it would take awhile. Of course that wasn't an accurate guess. And yes, dual screen will be fucking hard. How do you think it will even be possible to do it? Forget the programming. Just think about the concept itself, you would need a scrolling bottom screen perhaps book style like brain age and have it be able to scroll to the top screen? Ya, that would take some time.

About the star, it really isn't that hard. Just put in a 1 frame sprite(forget the fancy animation) of a star somewhere on the map and once a player/the blue ball comes in contact with it the level ends, the screen fades in, a new level is loaded. Not that complicated. THE REAL HARD PART is the level implementation. The star can literally take minutes but the fact that you have to implement a level feature is what I think you are trying to hint at that takes awhile. Otherwise, no just a star won't take very long but what good is it without a level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended