hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pocket Physics
Crayon physics for DS

Tobias Weyand has created a game based on the popular "Crayon Physics" flash game to the DS. For those not familiar, its basically like a virtual construction kit, allowing you to draw objects which become "physical" and interact with each other. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it, an issue....I made a large circle (orange) and when I make a small blue (dynamic) inside it immedialty leaves the larger circle and only interacts with the outside

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I played it, an issue....I made a large circle (orange) and when I make a small blue (dynamic) inside it immedialty leaves the larger circle and only interacts with the outside

yep, it treat all objects as solid it seems, also it's freeze a lot for me, its very random, using a R4 on a phat DS, well, thats to be expected for a initial release, I hope he keeps on working on this.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
OH MY GOD! YES! YES! YEEESSS!
I wanted to play this SO much when I saw that video of it, but I don't have a tablet PC - Now I can play it on my own DS!

keep in mind that this is NOT a direct port of crayon physics in any way, there aren't any goals or objectives, this isn't a game, it's more like a toy, also you can't do all that you see on that video, like for example, axis stuff together.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just fiddled with it. It is addicting to play with and yes it seems to freeze when you let go of the stylus if you didn't make the object solid or you drew too many things quickly.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is really, really fun! I hope there are many more releases, including zooming in/out, axis etc. Then it would be one of the best homebrews aroundÂ
biggrin.gif
It's really addicting yes but it freezes a bit too much. I was in the middle of making an awesome spikey circle thing that was going to be great but it froze. :'(

Now if only someone could port line rider to the DS I would love that!

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's really addicting yes but it freezes a bit too much. I was in the middle of making an awesome spikey circle thing that was going to be great but it froze. :'(Â

Yes, it is a bit unstable. And line rider would be AWESOME! I think it's coming out for the Wii?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's really addicting yes but it freezes a bit too much. I was in the middle of making an awesome spikey circle thing that was going to be great but it froze. :'(Â

Yes, it is a bit unstable. And line rider would be AWESOME! I think it's coming out for the Wii?
It was ANNOUNCED for the wii. Haven't heard anything about it in ages so don't hold your breath. To me, it sounds like metroid dread all over again. >.>

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is really, really fun! I hope there are many more releases, including zooming in/out, axis etc. Then it would be one of the best homebrews aroundÂ
biggrin.gif

It's really addicting yes but it freezes a bit too much. I was in the middle of making an awesome spikey circle thing that was going to be great but it froze. :'(

QUOTE(http://official-linerider.com/en/news)
Inxile Entertainment Aquires Console Rights To Hit Internet Game Line Rider™!
Tue, June 26 - 04:06

Nintendo DS & Nintendo Wii Games Scheduled For Spring 2008

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – Dec. 19, 2006 – Having already amassed a worldwide cult following on the internet, inXile entertainment announced today that it has acquired the rights to the hugely addictive ‘toy’ Line Rider™ and that the popular game will soon be available for both the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo Wii. Since its first appearance on the Web (www.official-linerider.com) on September 23, 2006, Line Rider has attracted over 15 million viewers to date and has spawned over 11,000 video posts on YouTube.com. Anticipated to ship in Spring 2008, Line Rider for the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo Wii from inXile entertainment will retain all the fun and thrills of the addictive Web version, but will also include new added features.

Line Rider has received accolades from media worldwide. Time.com commented, ‘Line Rider is becoming one of the most popular flash games on the web’, and The Wall Street Journal called Line Rider ‘Online gamers’ new addiction’. The Toronto Star noted that Line Rider was ‘a deceptively simple online game’ and stated that it has become “the latest Internet addiction”.

“I have been around the interactive entertainment industry long enough to have seen similar phenomenon like Tetris and Bejeweled become massive international hits, and Line Rider has all the elements to do the same,” said Brian Fargo, chief executive officer of inXile entertainment. “Line Rider is like a fully animated Etch-A-Sketch® and will be perfect for the Nintendo DS and Wii.”

Fargo continued, “The amazing thing is that it has appeal to almost everyone. I’ve watched 6 year-olds and adults play Line Rider and both were thoroughly entertained and captivated. Easy to pick up and play, and highly addictive, we are very pleased to be bringing Line Rider to video game players.”

Described as a ‘toy’ by its creator Bostjan Cadez, Line Rider allows players to construct their own track filled with as many ramps, hills, and jumps as they can imagine utilizing a pencil tool. Once the player is done creating their course, they can send a virtual sledder down the route until he wipes out. The possibilities in Line Rider are only limited by physics and the player’s imagination with an almost endless number of variations and replay.

"Line Rider began its life as a project I did for illustration class," commented Bostjan Cadez, who created Line Rider in his native Slovenia. “As much as people see it as a game I think of it as a toy because there is no score and no one wins or loses while playing Line Rider. I’m looking forward to working with inXile entertainment on the new Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii versions as they will bring added gameplay and features."

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is really fun! I saw someone at uni. playing a game like this on the PC where they had to draw shapes to get a ball or some other object to a certain point. Thanks!
yaynds.gif

is there a way you can lock a box to the background?
The options at the top right of the screen change an object from static (orange) to dynamic (blue). If you're asking what I think you are, just make an orange box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over