Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Long story short when I registered I said I was 38 but I'm a lot younger than 38. I need to PM an Admin to fix my b-day.
PM me what date you want set and I can fix it btw.

I think intros don't count towards posts because, well, there's a lot of casual talk here that's sort of offtopic, like the EOF.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I had to guess why posts in here don't count, it's possibly spam bots. They could build up their 10 posts quickly and begin PMing people and spamming links everywhere else. I'm not sure how contained/restricted new member accounts are though, and won't find out (since alt accounts aren't permitted). :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess why posts in here don't count, it's possibly spam bots. They could build up their 10 posts quickly and begin PMing people and spamming links everywhere else. I'm not sure how contained/restricted new member accounts are though, and won't find out (since alt accounts aren't permitted). :P
There's virtually no restrictions, you can post anywhere except the trading forum

Reactions: daxtsu

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Costello is there a good reason that introduction posts don't count towards the post counter? I'd think that would be a good and non-spammy way to get used to the forum and build up towards PM capability
I'm not an expert on how things work here (So believe a Staff member over me, I'm just guessing), but we didnt have them count on a forum I used to moderate because people would just go through all new introduction threads and post "Welcome! :D" with tiny variations in each one and rack up the posts.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an expert on how things work here (So believe a Staff member over me, I'm just guessing), but we didnt have them count on a forum I used to moderate because people would just go through all new introduction threads and post "Welcome! :D" with tiny variations in each one and rack up the posts.
Well that would count as spam and could be moderated as such, at least from how I see it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 10 post count requirement was put in to prevent spambots and angsty banned meme kiddos from ruining this place.
This happened after an incident with a certain member who repeatedly abused site functions and harassed a developer before getting banned and going on a rampage against the site.

As suggested by a lot here, just participate with on going discussions.
10 posts is something you'll get really quickly!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The 10 post count requirement was put in to prevent spambots and angsty banned meme kiddos from ruining this place.
This happened after an incident with a certain member who repeatedly abused site functions and harassed a developer before getting banned and going on a rampage against the site.

I'm gonna like this post just for the irony. :D

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

There were many like that.
Ironically they will then spread stuff like "GBAtemp is the most cancerous community", riiiiiight, probably because you were the cause of it :rolleyes:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp