Hacking Pls resolve my confusion..

Aman310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is jailbroken ps3 really worth it. I mean there are no new titles getting released for this console. So it it really worth buying a jailbreak ps3??

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
It's pretty worth it imo. I installed cfw on mine a while back and love it. It also comes with more Remote Play compatibility if you have a Vita.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what the cost one is around you at this point, assuming it is not an awful lot more than a general second hand one though then it depends what you want. I will also assume you are going for the classic 3.55 and older custom firmware with full control rather than just means to load a stock game.

Most PS3 games are cheap enough and prices will likely not shoot up massively for a while yet. To that end you can assemble a top tier PS3 collection with relative ease (I did a 360 one and there were plenty of same priced PS3 versions on the same shelves), probably even in Australia. Said collection might not include everything but will definitely allow you to have a good time.
Bonus is region locking was not really a thing on the PS3 so you don't have that to worry about so much. I did try looking up expensive ps3 games but it seems most such lists are filled with pointless collector editions of games rather than any particular game ( https://www.pricecharting.com/console/playstation-3?sort=highest-price&genre-name= is as good a list as any if you fancy searching).
Homebrew was perhaps better than the 360 but the wii and original xbox walked all over it, and any old android tablet or raspberry pi or something will likely do as well or better than either of those at this point.

To that end you are left with cheats and hacks for said PS3 games, and maybe some notion that not using the laser will save it.
Cheats are nice, up to you what you want there. Hacks right now are better than I would have expected but compared to many other consoles I am not expecting too much in the near future. Whether emulation will happen before hacking takes off I am not sure about. Either way though I love hacking games if you are mainly interested in playing hacks that do well for the game then they are a bit thin on the ground at this point. Likewise I am not particularly sure what major Japanese exclusives there are out there that never made it which may get translations, or things like pokemon, mario, sonic or even Zombies Ate my Neighbors that will get the good reworks in years to come. http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps3 says there could be something out there though.

PSN games are not quite the thing they are on the PS4 and definitely not like it was for the 360 with XBLA but there is a bit out there. DLC might also factor into this, though how much you would really miss out on I am not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: