Hardware pls help me to update my PSP 2001 system software version 5.03 to latest firmware?

Pogwapolitow88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
io need help with my old PSP 2001 system software version 5.03,games not working and i cant see and play my newly downloaded game tekken6..what should i do? pls a step by step tutorial would be great!

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried connecting it up to your wi-fi connection and running system update from the settings menu? The PSP is really old now but it might still update that way. If not, there are links to the update files here :-

https://darthsternie.net/psp-firmwares/

Then you should be able to just update it via the update from storage media option.

Reactions: Pogwapolitow88

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
psp doesn't support modern wifi encryption so just connecting it to wifi won't work unless they make an unlisted open wifi hotspot on their phone and manually connect to it, or turn off security on their router
I was going to mention that but thanks for pointing it out. All I did before was change the wi-fi security options in my router to WPA/WPA2-PSK (Mixed Mode) and everything should work fine with it as it automatically gave me the necessary TKIP+AES WPA Encryption that I think the PSP uses.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to mention that but thanks for pointing it out. All I did before was change the wi-fi security options in my router to WPA/WPA2-PSK (Mixed Mode) and everything should work fine with it as it automatically gave me the necessary TKIP+AES WPA Encryption that I think the PSP uses.
most routers these days i've noticed don't let you go any lower than wpa2, either only a toggle for wpa2 or open, no in-between

edit: turns out even "open" is an in-between, my router doesn't let me turn off the encryption at all

Last edited by Latiodile,

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
most routers these days i've noticed don't let you go any lower than wpa2, either only a toggle for wpa2 or open, no in-between
You're probably right but i'm using the latest sky hub. It might be more common wth routers from ISP's.
Post automatically merged:

@Latiodile Wow. That seems pretty locked down compared my hub. I can turn encryption off. Are you using an IPS's router too?
Post automatically merged:

@Pogwapolitow88 You might have to rename it eboot.pbp for it to show up if you downloaded it.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you can download manually a PSP Software Update to 6.61 and save it in your PC then copy it in your memory stick inside GAME FOLDER....and then when you want to install it just go to GAME Section in XMB and when you drop down you can see it as an UPDATE and you can press X to install it...just be carefull to make sure your battery is 100% full charge as it takes time of a minute when installing... so you dont need Wifi Connection thats what ive done to my PSP 3000 and 2000... then the next step would be installing the Infinity V2 CFW then either select PRO-C or LIME....

Attachments

• psp.png
    psp.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: ILuvGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...