Status
Not open for further replies.

Herobroski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Can 3ds roms NOW be played on a r4 gold 3ds or anything r4 related??? (If not, is the r4 team trying to work on it?)
2. What is the official Gateway flashcard website?
3. Are the different variation in names of "r4" ("r4 gold 3ds", "r4i gold 3ds", "r4 sdhc 3ds")... Are these merely clones or actual variations? Because im confused.

Herobroski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lambstone was that "no" referring to my first question? Or was it a response to my title lol

Herobroski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redkeyboard, that sounds great!... Would that mean I dont need a Gateway now and I dont have to worry about buying a firmware 4.5? I can just get a r4i Gold 3ds to play all 3ds roms up to date and future dates? Also, why isnt there any support to this, its a 3ds rom!
3. Since they are different companies and there are clones, which name is the correct name from the "r4" variations?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redkeyboard, that sounds great!... Would that mean I dont need a Gateway now and I dont have to worry about buying a firmware 4.5? I can just get a r4i Gold 3ds to play all 3ds roms up to date and future dates? Also, why isnt there any support to this, its a 3ds rom!
3. Since they are different companies and there are clones, which name is the correct name from the "r4" variations?

No. R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition is just a clone of the Gateway, and probably won't get any future updates. I wouldn't bother with it at this point. It does come with an r4i Gold 3DS.

3. If you want to play DS roms r4i Gold 3ds.

Without being under 4.5 you cannot pirate 3DS games.

Reactions: Herobroski

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Would that mean I dont need a Gateway now and I dont have to worry about buying a firmware 4.5?

A 4.5 3DS is required to play any type of 3DS flashcard that plays 3DS ROMs.

I can just get a r4i Gold 3ds to play all 3ds roms up to date and future dates?

You can get an R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe to play any of the currently released 3DS games on the market, besides Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing New Leaf (If you want to play these, you have to buy them and play them in classic mode). As for future released games, no one knows. Even Gateway themselves haven't produced a newer firmware to play games like X and Y. Once again, a 4.5 3DS is required to play any 3DS ROM.

Since they are different companies and there are clones, which name is the correct name from the "r4" variations?

The one you're looking for to play 3DS ROMs is the "R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe", NOT "R4i 3DS Gold". The R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe comes with a R4i 3DS Gold to install the exploit, though.

Honestly, if you're willing to shell out a few extra bucks, I recommend the MT Card. It does everything the R4i's and Gateway's do, but it also has Multi-ROM support, enabling you to put numerous ROMs on your SD card at a time, for easy access. They also released an update very recently, so expect heavy support in the future. On the flipside, I do not recommend a Gateway at the moment. Their newest firmware contains a bricking code that could potentially destroy your console. Fixing it is hard and sorta costly...

Herobroski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh one more thing. This page http://www.r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm shows a bunch of sites that I could buy all of my flashcards. It should be trusted since the list of sites is provided by the main website of r4 right? To follow up, what several sites do you guys recommend most to buy a real, not a clone, flashcard?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
oh one more thing. This page http://www.r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm shows a bunch of sites that I could buy all of my flashcards. It should be trusted since the list of sites is provided by the main website of r4 right??

I won't say yes, but they should be. Just do some research into the site before purchasing if it looks fishy, and avoid sites that have the name of the product in the website address. Those are usually really new, and I wouldn't trust them.

To follow up, what several sites do you guys recommend most to buy a real, not a clone, flashcard?

If you're in the United States, I ordered from DWTechz. They even made a mistake and sent me two for the price of one. :rofl2:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
oh one more thing. This page http://www.r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm shows a bunch of sites that I could buy all of my flashcards. It should be trusted since the list of sites is provided by the main website of r4 right? To follow up, what several sites do you guys recommend most to buy a real, not a clone, flashcard?
RealHotStuff has been a good place for Flashcarts, in my experience.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1. Can 3ds roms NOW be played on a r4 gold 3ds or anything r4 related??? (If not, is the r4 team trying to work on it?) = aliens did it
2. What is the official Gateway flashcard website? = wear tinfoil on your head to block the radio waves
3. Are the different variation in names of "r4" ("r4 gold 3ds", "r4i gold 3ds", "r4 sdhc 3ds")... Are these merely clones or actual variations? Because im confused. = R4 is a ploy to turn you into one of .......them

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you take a quick look at the top of this very subforum, you'll see a thread titled 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread. This, combined with the power of The Google, has an answer to every question you've posed.

Locking this thread like a madman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER