wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ds.gif
PLib
Platform Game Development Library
videoGames.jpg

Gemisis has created a PALib off-shoot designed for game development. He claims that you can build a quick game demo with as few as 20 lines of code. No date has been scheduled for the release of the library.

PLib is a creation of my own. It is based off of the PALib Wiki platform tutorials and my own code. It has some amazing features:

Character creation
Object Creation
Character Movement
Object Scrolling
Character and object collision
A level drawing function
And more to come...

It was created to help give DS Homebrew Development a jump start, as I feel that there should be more platforming games out there for hand held systems. Currently there is no release, but there is a video demonstrating PLibs abilities as of 11/1/08! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQlG1QEdORI

icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DarkRey said:
so whats that video supposed to be? is just a mario jumping around? he didn't show anything related to programming.

if you visit the source link in the 1st post he has the code typed out for what you see in that video.

from a programmers standpoint he has made some nice functions to take care of the most common things required by game coding, made them dynamic, and put them into one library file. this is what all good coders to eventually but he is kind enough to release his (eventually).

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.