Gaming Please tell me I didn't permanently fuck up my 360.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got a non-dialup connection, and went to register for a Silver Live account. It asked me to do a system update, and since the last one I had done was a burned NXE disc I knew it was needed. I let it download the update, and it rebooted and said it was downloading updates. At 60-70% it froze up, clock and all. After letting it sit for 10 minutes I decided all I could really do was turn it off. Now when I turn it back on(although it's been ten minutes since I tried) I can rarely get as far as the dashboard before it freezes. Should I find and burn some sort of update disc, or just let it sit, or what?

Assuming I can get it going, though, anyone have so much as a 48-hour Gold trial?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm... I would just give it a try later and see if it still freezes. If it does, then you may need to get an update disc, or purchase one of those new third wave games that have a mandatory update.

Also, IIRC, if you sign up for a new Gold Account for the first time, they give you one free month.

FireEmblemGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided that my first priority is moving it to a more ventilated area... I'm getting RRoDs now. Shouldv've seen it coming, the guy sold it as a refurb and it arrived in bad shape, plus the seller closed his eBay account two days before the console arrived.

FireEmblemGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under normal circumstances, yes, the warranty is over. However, RRoDs have an extended 3 year warranty, so since I only have one game to miss playing I'll send it back in to them for repairs. If I'm lucky they'll forget why I sent it in and give it a general tune-up, the drive would be dead if it weren't for hdd loading.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.