Hacking Please recommend a Wifi dongle or card.

JennaScvl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to do Smashstax on my n3dsxl and I keep getting hung at the same place. The part at which it's supposed to put the wifi adapter into monitor mode and begin the actual exploit.

First I tried an AE1200 usb wifi dongle, and it said it couldn't open monitor mode. Looking into it, it was due to me having to use ndiswrapper just to get it to load up. Apparently ndiswrapper doesn't support monitor mode because it uses Windows drivers, which cannot support monitormode because Windows won't allow it.

So then I tried a Belkin adapter, with the hardware ID of USB\VID_050D&PID_945A&REV_0200

This doesn't work because it comes back claiming it's an ethernet connection... Which is really freaking weird. I'm thinking maybe it's a USB thing or maybe it's the default drivers in the linux firmware? I dunno...

So anyway... I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good, preferably inexpensive PCI, PCI-express, or USB wifi adapter that I can use, or if there are drivers for the above Belkin adapter that would work?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to do Smashstax on my n3dsxl and I keep getting hung at the same place. The part at which it's supposed to put the wifi adapter into monitor mode and begin the actual exploit.

First I tried an AE1200 usb wifi dongle, and it said it couldn't open monitor mode. Looking into it, it was due to me having to use ndiswrapper just to get it to load up. Apparently ndiswrapper doesn't support monitor mode because it uses Windows drivers, which cannot support monitormode because Windows won't allow it.

So then I tried a Belkin adapter, with the hardware ID of USB\VID_050D&PID_945A&REV_0200

This doesn't work because it comes back claiming it's an ethernet connection... Which is really freaking weird. I'm thinking maybe it's a USB thing or maybe it's the default drivers in the linux firmware? I dunno...

So anyway... I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good, preferably inexpensive PCI, PCI-express, or USB wifi adapter that I can use, or if there are drivers for the above Belkin adapter that would work?
All I can suggest is to search d-link wireless pci-E on eBay or Amazon. They're not all that expensive if you get an older model. Also, I suggest getting the kind with 3 wifi attena, makes things go smoother.

Last edited by Sicklyboy, , Reason: Removed reply to trashed post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1