Homebrew Question Please point me to a thread that explains how to setup RetroArch on CFW 6.0.2

Thibor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have soo many SNES games and GBA games I want to play. I think I am pretty smart guy but gosh I just can not figure this out :( Do I need certain BIOS ? How do I set this up ?? Please help me.

Thank you so much.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am pretty smart guy
Will give you the benefit of the doubt there, however, when googling, the first result found is this:

Code:
Installation instructions
You will need a Nintendo Switch capable of running homebrew for this to work.

[*]Download the RetroArch 7z file for Switch (download link above).
[*]Extract its contents and just drag and drop retroarch and the switch folder onto the root of the SD card.
[*]Open Hbmenu, and start RetroArch.

IMPORTANT: Please start RetroArch Switch with a fresh install (in case you already had RetroNX installed before)
and migrate savegames from /retroarch/cores/save{files, states} to the same folder on the new installation.

Thibor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
John Allds

I am trying to get ROMS to work. I installed RetroArch via the homebrew menue .... but now I am lost as to how to play the games :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will give you the benefit of the doubt there, however, when googling, the first result found is this:

Code:
Installation instructions
You will need a Nintendo Switch capable of running homebrew for this to work. (CHECK)

[*]Download the RetroArch 7z file for Switch (download link above). (Double Check)
[*]Extract its contents and just drag and drop retroarch and the switch folder onto the root of the SD card. (Confused here ? )
[*]Open Hbmenu, and start RetroArch. ( OK )

IMPORTANT: Please start RetroArch Switch with a fresh install (in case you already had RetroNX installed before)
and migrate savegames from /retroarch/cores/save{files, states} to the same folder on the new installation. ( Mmm ok I think )

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
John Allds

I am trying to get ROMS to work. I installed RetroArch via the homebrew menue .... but now I am lost as to how to play the games :(

You have to select a core via the menu.
Then select the game, then run it.

You CAN use bios, but they must be placed on the system folder.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
John Allds

Press load content, select rom, it will ask what core you want to use with the rom, that’s it.

You don’t have to select the core first then the game.

Thibor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press load content, select rom, it will ask what core you want to use with the rom, that’s it.

You don’t have to select the core first then the game.

First off thank you for your reply. I am almost there. now I see my NDS games but I am not sure what core to use. I see many cores and none do much of anything. IF you please have time could you help me with a simple quick walkthrough ? Both me and my 11 year old son would so much appreciate it. :) Thank you ... (funny thing is that I can get RetroArch to work on my S9) Am I just really stupid ?? lol ??

Here is what I am doing on CFW 6.2.0 w/ Atmoshpher
ok so

1) Download 2018-12-30_RetroArch
2) Unzip it to SDCard in root folder
3) Boot Switch recovery menu
4 )Start Home Brew Menu
4) Start RetroArch
5) Load Supermario.nds
6) I am LOST HERE ...... ??? :( Load Core ? which one ??

PS. ALL other homebrew works fine and all hacked xci's run fine.

Last edited by Thibor69,

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Am I just really stupid ?? lol ??

Maybe, you are not too stupid but i guess, just too lazy!

Post #2 gave you already, what you need to know and if you would read carefully, you would discover the section "What cores are supported?" and find out by yourself that there is no core for NDS roms (until now).

Thibor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, you are not too stupid but i guess, just too lazy!

Post #2 gave you already, what you need to know and if you would read carefully, you would discover the section "What cores are supported?" and find out by yourself that there is no core for NDS roms (until now).
Hello -- I am sorry. I you are saying that there is a nds core now ?? ok.... well sill lost but ill look around. thank you

Thibor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, there is yet no NDS core for Retroarch Switch available.

You should check out melonDS, if you want to try NDS roms on your switch. But be aware that most roms will be unplayable and you have first to install some bios files.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/melonds-for-switch.518300/

Ok ... How how about GBA or SNES ?? Thank yoiu sir

Oh google ? something new for the internets ?? gosh darn I might tried that there googles... gee thanks

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: Deleted_413010

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you load the content before the core, when trying to run, it will present you with the cores that can run the game you are asking for [and the system, so pay attention to that]

If you select the core first, the core has what the name of the system it emulates.

Now you are really being lazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?