Homebrew Please Help...

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked the same question numerous times on this site and it hasn't been answered yet, so if you have the answer please respond below, if not just ignore this. I've managed to get a legit .cia file of Yo-Kai Watch and I want to know if I can install it on a 10.3 New 3DS. No i'm not interested in CFW as I have that on my other 3DS. So once again, can i install Yo-Kai Watch with FBI or NASA or not? Thank you very much in advance!

Halo249

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked the same question numerous times on this site and it hasn't been answered yet, so if you have the answer please respond below, if not just ignore this. I've managed to get a legit .cia file of Yo-Kai Watch and I want to know if I can install it on a 10.3 New 3DS. No i'm not interested in CFW as I have that on my other 3DS. So once again, can i install Yo-Kai Watch with FBI or NASA or not? Thank you very much in advance!

Yes. With NASA. Be careful since you don't have any cfw getting bricked with a .cia is easy. (Get the .cia from a trusted source maybe "chaos" or "iso") ;)

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. With NASA. Be careful since you don't have any cfw getting bricked with a .cia is easy. (Get the .cia from a trusted source maybe "chaos" or "iso") ;)
Yeah I use chaos. Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, but be careful mucking with your NAND, or else you could end up with a nice expensive brick.
XD. I'll be careful, Thanks!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why exactly would he brick? Isn't it installed to the SD like other titles? The chances of corrupting the database stored on NAND are very slim.
Still messing with the ticket.db at the very least. It's not that there's a noticeable chance of it bricking, just that if something does go wrong (with homebrew or any other CIAs, especially ones that get installed on the NAND) there might not be a way to recover it. It's just a chance that could be easily negated with taking the time to setup an EmuNAND.

Reactions: Luglige

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you guys are seriously overblowing the concept of bricking the ticket databases. Seriously, the chance of bricking is really god damn slim, if he manages to brick we should give him a medal. He has the same percentage of brick chance as downloading and installing a game on the eshop.

Just don't edit the database files manually or that IS a guaranteed brick.
Yeah, I agree it's slim. I just meant that's a slim chance that's still easily avoided with a simple EmuNAND.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that is true, no point in staying in a vulnerable NAND when it could easily be insured (even if it's just for legit cias).
main reason i did emunand was to keep homebrew and custom themes. with that said there is a higher brick chance with downgrading than there is with installing a cia

Last edited by pbanj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy