Please help me.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by kingkonghong, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010

Please help me. by kingkonghong at 12:19 AM (1,076 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. kingkonghong
    OP

Newcomer kingkonghong Advanced Member

United States
    Hello. My name is andrew. I've lived in the United States for eleven years now. I am about to graduate from high school, when my parents confessed that they were scammed out of their green card applications and had their visas expire shortly after we arrived. I was a illegal Immigrant.

Without any preparation, they told me I was to move to Canada with them and leave everything I knew and loved behind. Their plan is for me to forcibly study at a canadian college so they can move on my Student visa, then have me apply for a company in America so I can get a work visa and become a American Citizen.

I have no idea what to do and I desperately want to become a legal resident I once thought I was. Please, I'm begging you. Is there any possible way I can become naturalized?

2. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    marry a girl from the us?

3. Blood Fetish

Member Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    The naturalization process is long and bureaucratic. If you want something faster knock up a white chick.

4. kingkonghong
    OP

Newcomer kingkonghong Advanced Member

United States
    Uh, besides that. I need to be with her for 2 years + so thats my last option that might not even work.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Hire an immigration lawyer (seriously, this is vital - they actually know this stuff), and stop asking pirates for legal advice.

6. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    Do you really think he'll be able to afford a lawyer in his position? I may be wrong, but immigrants aren't exactly loaded with cash.

7. Destructobot

United States
    In that case, immigration lawyers must all be pretty broke too, what with all of their clients being penniless. They'll probably work for peanuts. Literally.

Seriously though, there are people that specialize in this exact sort of thing, and some of them may be willing to work pro bono, or at least give a free or low cost consult and a reasonable payment plan. Also, it is a myth that all lawyers charge huge amounts of money for anything they do. My mother had to consult a lawyer about a property dispute, and it only cost her $50 for the meeting.

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I assume joining the military is a no-go?

9. Destructobot

United States
    You have to be a citizen and a high school graduate to join the US military.

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    When I was in air force training we had an indian trainee in our flight, he was going through in order to become a citizen.

His name was Buti.
    Pronounced "booty".

11. Destructobot

United States
    Hmmm. Maybe it's just the army that requires citizenship, or maybe they've changed policies. A couple of years ago, a different member was asking about joining the US army even though he isn't a citizen, and when I looked it up on the army web site it said you have to be a citizen.

Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Either way, I'll take your word for it.