Please help me.

kingkonghong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. My name is andrew. I've lived in the United States for eleven years now. I am about to graduate from high school, when my parents confessed that they were scammed out of their green card applications and had their visas expire shortly after we arrived. I was a illegal Immigrant.

Without any preparation, they told me I was to move to Canada with them and leave everything I knew and loved behind. Their plan is for me to forcibly study at a canadian college so they can move on my Student visa, then have me apply for a company in America so I can get a work visa and become a American Citizen.

I have no idea what to do and I desperately want to become a legal resident I once thought I was. Please, I'm begging you. Is there any possible way I can become naturalized?

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Hire an immigration lawyer (seriously, this is vital - they actually know this stuff), and stop asking pirates for legal advice.
Do you really think he'll be able to afford a lawyer in his position? I may be wrong, but immigrants aren't exactly loaded with cash.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In that case, immigration lawyers must all be pretty broke too, what with all of their clients being penniless. They'll probably work for peanuts. Literally.

Seriously though, there are people that specialize in this exact sort of thing, and some of them may be willing to work pro bono, or at least give a free or low cost consult and a reasonable payment plan. Also, it is a myth that all lawyers charge huge amounts of money for anything they do. My mother had to consult a lawyer about a property dispute, and it only cost her $50 for the meeting.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
You have to be a citizen and a high school graduate to join the US military.http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyr...citizenship.htm

QUOTE said:
If you are a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and are interested in becoming a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to apply for citizenship under special provisions provided for in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
With the current status, this would apply.

This means that individuals with even one day of honorable active duty service can apply for citizenship, regardless of how long they have been a resident.
When I was in air force training we had an indian trainee in our flight, he was going through in order to become a citizen.

His name was Buti.
Pronounced "booty".

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. Maybe it's just the army that requires citizenship, or maybe they've changed policies. A couple of years ago, a different member was asking about joining the US army even though he isn't a citizen, and when I looked it up on the army web site it said you have to be a citizen.

Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Either way, I'll take your word for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi