Hacking Please help me use WBFS Manager

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, i know there was heaps of topics about these stuff a week or two ago but i've searched and cnat find anything anymore. Dunno if i'm typing the wrong thing or the topics have been deleted but i'm desperate here. I've formatted my USB and installed Okami on it as a test and it works beautifully when i load it off the Wii but when i load up WBFS manager, it recognises the WBFS drive, but it doesn't recognise okami. at the same time if i try installing an ISO onto my HDD via the WBFS manger and put it on my Wii my doesn't recognise it either, but the manager says the games are installed. Cn anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? If it helps i'm using that USB Loader GX that was released about a week ago. thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The fat partition may be the problem - i saw a post about someone having pretty much the same issue with 2 partitions on his drive before - im not sure how he resolved it to be honest , but i do remember reading over it.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so you think if i format my other partition to something else (NTFS??) it would help? why would it effect the partition thats formated to WBFS though?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange when I hear people with this problem, because I use the same methods with good results. Using a 500gb Seagate Freeagent Go, I have tested functionality with WBFS Manager (all versions up to 3.0.1), using multiple partitions, and it works flawlessly. One thing I read, and decided to follow, was that you should format your wbfs partition to Fat32 using third party software, and then use WBFS Manager to format it to wbfs. I read someone say that you shouldn't format from NTFS to WBFS, but I can't confirm if it really matters.

Here's my process in using WBFS Manager 3.0.1:

First I open the program, and then plug in my hdd. I press refresh drives, select the drive from the list, and load. I'm on Windows XP SP3, using the proper x86 version (x64 is Vista), and using the required net framework.

Here's a link to a similar topic, but unfortunately he didn't seem to solve the problem.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, i'l try that soon and let you know, i'm formatting my HDD Completely now and starting over, its taking a while to finish though
frown.gif

k just tried it, still didn't work. ah well, i was hoping i can use this to dump Wii games instead of WiFi Dumper, guess i'll just use both since i wanna keep a physical copy of too incase the HDD ever gets destroyed or whatever. kinda annoying though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1