Hardware Please help me build a new PC

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I checked the value % on UB and they list the 2600 in the 96th percentile for best value and 99th percentile in user score. The only AMD chip that beats it on both fronts is the 3600, which we already knew.

The 1660 ti has the rx 590 beat in every category except user score by two points and price, but they also have the rx 590 listed as 240 when I found it as $189 with the XBOX game pass and Devil May Cry bundle.

I also can't go NVIDIA because my monitor was basically made for AMD and freesync, so I'm basically locked to AMD.
If locked to AMD, tough luck. Just in case, check the prices you can get either Vega 56 (considerably better at everything EXCEPT Minecraft:rofl2:) or RX5700 at as they are supposedly still under the 300$ price normally and generally much better than RX590 in general gaming. Do note Vega cards have high TDP though so if you decide to change to that sometime, you might need different PSU. That's only for reference though, cheap RX590 with game pass and a free game on top is too good a deal to pass up:P But if for example you can find the 5700 at a decent price, it will allow you to play literally any game you want at full HD stable 60FPS or higher for the next 6 or so years...

Last edited by ThoD,
Reactions: GameSystem

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vega 56 runs at $299.99 for me and 5700 runs at $349.99. What surprised me was that the Vega is a 2 year old card and the price is still pretty ridiculous. Then I read more into it and found out it's because of crypto miners. The 5700 is apparently pretty new, so that I can understand. If anything, I'll probably watch out for that one more but I doubt it'll reach a budget price any time soon.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Vega 56 runs at $299.99 for me and 5700 runs at $349.99. What surprised me was that the Vega is a 2 year old card and the price is still pretty ridiculous. Then I read more into it and found out it's because of crypto miners. The 5700 is apparently pretty new, so that I can understand. If anything, I'll probably watch out for that one more but I doubt it'll reach a budget price any time soon.
Vega is half a year older than the 590, so despite being more powerful it uses older technology and draws more power, so higher TDP. The 5700 is the most recent that's at a reasonable price out of the AMD cards, so keep an eye on it if interested, may go down in price until Iceborne comes out and all considering we got like 4-5 months to go until then...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The launch price was even more ridiculous for vega. 590 is just a slight upgrade on the 580 which were rebrands of the 480 with some tweeks. Technically the 500 series is much older.
Vega was a complete flop, it was too expensive, ran alot hotter, and drew alot more power, and just wasnt as powerful than the competing cards.

I myself have a r9 390 right now and will be buying a 5700xt when ever third party aib cards actually show up.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also can't go NVIDIA because my monitor was basically made for AMD and freesync, so I'm basically locked to AMD.

Turing and Pascal have supported freesync for a while now. Nvidia added the option a few months back.

Only over display port (no hdmi option like amd) and apparently some monitors don't play nice, but most are fine. So depending on monitor, might be free to go nvidia without losing anything if it's the better deal/option.

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Great to know. I'm glad this thread exists and I'm glad I cheaped out on the monitor all those months ago. The G-Sync version of the monitor had same exact specs but costs $20-30 more. Since 1660 ti also works on Freesync, I guess it's back on the table.

I checked the compatibility with my monitor and it was said to work.

"Yes, user feedback seems to show that the variable refresh rate on the monitor works as well with an Nvidia GPU as an AMD GPU. Just make sure to turn freesync on and set overdrive to medium in the monitors OSD and turn 'g-sync compatible' on for the monitor in Nvidia control panel."

Last edited by GameSystem,
Reactions: MrCokeacola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: