Please help haxchi

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think formatting the system causes the seeprom to increase by 1, so I guess that's the reason why your external hdd is no longer recognized.
I’ve reformatted it for the Wii u, but that meant the loss of a handful of games.

Is wbfs files what I need for the sd card? Allowing for the fat32 limitation I have

Is this something you might be able to help with?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wbfs is for the vwii. you can use an hdd for that, and it won't matter if the system is formatted. I think it does for a wii u hdd though. that's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this issue.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wbfs is for the vwii. you can use an hdd for that, and it won't matter if the system is formatted. I think it does for a wii u hdd though. that's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this issue.

I don’t remember what file format the games were on the sd card when I used wup to transfer them over the external hard drive?

But my external drive is Wii u formatted now and ready to install games on again

Do you know any alternative other than Wii u helper for finding the Wii U game files? It was under 10-15 games… nothing crazy

Ideally something like a Dropbox/Google drive file or download would be perfect? Or the kindness of a human willing to share few game files (as they’re all downloadable on Wii usb helper anyway)

How would you usually get a game from your computer to a Wii u external hard drive?

Previously I did game from sd card -> wup installer -> install game to nand-> then moved it across on the Wii u to external storage.

And physical games were massive 😬 when I did actual disc dumps

What file format are the games in when you move them to an external hdd?

Thanks
Vicky

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try funkiiu. It's a python script. Games will be in .app, .h3 format.
I’ve downloaded FunkiiU

Installed it

Opened terminal

Accessed the keysite

Then managed to get a folder installed called 5.180.24.230 which has tickets in it

I feel like I have all the components and I’m just doing something wrong…

Whether that’s incorrectly entering stuff in terminal

Needing to add something else to the left database (eg upload a ticket)

Eeeeeeek I feel like I just need step by step instructions

Thanks for all your help again

Vicky

I’ve attached photos that show where I’m at

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try funkiiu. It's a python script. Games will be in .app, .h3 format.
Or am I closer than I think because I have lots of .tik files?

Ps I know very little about python other than it being a programming script. Also, I believe I can do all I need to do in terminal with regards to python? 🤔

Last edited by Vickyuk,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the onlinekeys example:

1636642251475.png

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have python installed?
I installed python, but I don’t know much about using it? I think if I’m right you open it before terminal- and there’s something to do with the line of command at the bottom of the python window ?

Also I’m still not sure exactly what command I need in terminal- you can see I made several attempts to use the online keys example

This is all so out of my comfort zone I’m pretty impressed I’ve got as far as I have 😝

Last edited by Vickyuk,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled-1.jpg

my python is in environmental settings, which is why it can use the py files without the python command. don't know what the equivalent is on a mac.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think formatting the system causes the seeprom to increase by 1, so I guess that's the reason why your external hdd is no longer recognized.
I just can’t figure it out… and you’re used to running in a windows environment.

Would you be able to help through remote access to my Mac? You’d know more being able to poke about and I’d learn more seeing you actually doing it

We could use team viewer (had a look at remote access options)

Would really appreciate it

Vicky

It won’t let me DM you

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Get yourself a 128gb sdcard for the wiiu and transfer games to that when downloaded from the wiiu usb helper program.

Then install via wup to external hard drive that's configured for the wiiu system

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get yourself a 128gb sdcard for the wiiu and transfer games to that when downloaded from the wiiu usb helper program.

Then install via wup to external hard drive that's configured for the wiiu system
That was the wonderfully easy way I would have loved to have done… but I’m on a Mac, don’t have access to windows and don’t want to put it anywhere near my machine even in a virtual environment or wine. Thanks though 😉

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the wonderfully easy way I would have loved to have done… but I’m on a Mac, don’t have access to windows and don’t want to put it anywhere near my machine even in a virtual environment or wine. Thanks though 😉
with nusspli, downloading is done on the wii u itself. I've never used it though.

Reactions: Vickyuk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around...