Please help haxchi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would do it for you, and for free, but you'd have to pay for shipping. I'd just put the homebrew launcher and browser on the card.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, you're in the UK? no, I'm in the US.

I’ve just ordered an 32gb SD card. Will it be in the correct format when it arrives or will I need to re-format it?

A little Google showed me this “Fortunately, macOS can read and write to FAT32 drives with no additional software or setup.”

Would you be able to provide a Google drive link/Dropbox or cloud storage; or email me a folder with everything I need in the correct file structure, so I simply need to just copy and paste it?

That would be such a huge help! And I really appreciate your offer, had it not been for the distance- thanks!

Vicky

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they need to go into wiiu/apps/folder. the folder is already named correctly. you want the rpx or hbl version. the wii u uses rpx and elf. rpx is the main executable for games, but they're not always named the same. there's a common file that tells the system what the name of the executable is, I believe.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they need to go into wiiu/apps/folder. the folder is already named correctly. you want the rpx or hbl version. the wii u uses rpx and elf. rpx is the main executable for games, but they're not always named the same. there's a common file that tells the system what the name of the executable is, I believe.

Ooooh… this is the file/folder structure?

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/haxchi/sd-preparation

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Is it best for me to just treat it all like in freshly installing everything? I guess I felt like that would be easier, but feared bricking the console…

Eg. Just continue with everything in the haxchi guide that had the file structure

Also, will I need to buy a DS game?

I really appreciate all your help

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, you'll need to buy a ds game unless you use the one already on there.
And just to check; I shouldn’t factory reset my console because it’ll brick…. Because my thought then would be that everything would be very cleanly installed if it was safe to do so… but it may also be completely unnecessary and not advised

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So this story unfolded with a few twists and turns… and I’ve reached a stuck point…

I ordered an SD card… I couldn’t get my Mac to recognise it? 🤔 (Perhaps mounting issues as opposed to faulty card)

Tried to see if I had SD card slot on telly to test… didn’t… so decided to pop it in the Wii… where I discovered…

There was already an SD card in the slot! And I managed to format my external hard drive with the Wii u and transfer the games that were on the SD across

Since then I felt things were a little messy/uncertain, so decided to reformat the wiiu and do Haxchi then CBHC install on my own profile with a DS exploit- which I did successfully

The problem I have no is that the external hard drive has to be reformatted again to be recognised by the Wii u after the system reformat and new exploit installation 😬

Ordinarily I could just use Wii usb helper to download the game files again; but I’m on a Mac and don’t want to have to run wine or virtual pc or put windows anywhere near it. I also don’t have access to another persons pc to be able to use it.

I’ve managed to find 7s files- and I used something called Keka on my Mac with them which made them cdr files, which I could create an iso from with disc utility; but then the issue I have is that they’re huge and can’t go across on my SD card as because of the fat32 format it needs to be under 4gb 😳

I also managed to have .wux files, but they need to be converted to .wbfs which requires a pc converter tool to be able to do so. I haven’t found any Mac software that could do it.

Some games I have as physical copies and can put them cross to my external hard drive, but the file sizes are huge… but there are games I really wanted to play that I’ve just simply lost 😞

This has been quite a headache. There’s progress, but there’s also the loss of games which is a big issue. Can you help at all?

Thanks for your help and things look on the up!

Last edited by Vickyuk,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think formatting the system causes the seeprom to increase by 1, so I guess that's the reason why your external hdd is no longer recognized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh