Please help haxchi

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Wii u with haxchi already installed. It had a memory stick with it, that I unfortunately damaged… and now I’m in a huge pickle.

When I try to open haxchi on my Wii u it now goes to a haxchi screen then reverts to the Wii u screen.

Looking on the system hard drive I can see Default CFW Haxchi that is 153mb

I don’t know whether this means it is installed on the hard drive itself, or whether it was on the memory card

I have a blank external hard drive that is unformatted and no back up of the files that were on the memory stick. I also have a Mac, no access to a pc

I would be very very very grateful if there is someone who could help me.

Ps I can get very easily confused if things get too technical 🤪

See attached current state of hard drive and Home Screen with no external devices

Thanks in advance
Vicky

Attachments

• B90F2BCE-2000-497C-826C-DC3732B024E4.jpeg
    B90F2BCE-2000-497C-826C-DC3732B024E4.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 131
  • 8F514686-72C9-4A9B-93A6-F7EF7696D8A5.jpeg
    8F514686-72C9-4A9B-93A6-F7EF7696D8A5.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 53
Last edited by Vickyuk,

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if it reverted to the home menu, it may be default=sysmenu. that's going back to the sysmenu with sig patches. see if you can install something.
Hey,

Does that mean Haxchi is installed on the hard drive itself- that would be some relief

What do I actually need to do to ‘install something’? 😳 Appreciate your help

Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haxchi is usually installed to internal memory, which I guess is what you mean. you'd have to get into the homebrew launcher, then launch wup installer gx2. not sure what button press the person used for the homebrew launcher, but it's usually A when launching haxchi. you need the homebrew installer on the sd card though, first. if you can't figure out what the person used, try using browser hax, installing indexiine through the homebrew launcher to make it easier each time, even if it's once, then reinstall haxchi with a configuration of your own choosing. default=sysmenu is good.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, since it's a ds game, you'll most likely have to use the A button on the gamepad. that's probably one reason the person set default to sysmenu, so no button had to be pressed.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
haxchi is usually installed to internal memory, which I guess is what you mean. you'd have to get into the homebrew launcher, then launch wup installer gx2. not sure what button press the person used for the homebrew launcher, but it's usually A when launching haxchi. you need the homebrew installer on the sd card though, first. if you can't figure out what the person used, try using browser hax, installing indexiine through the homebrew launcher to make it easier each time, even if it's once, then reinstall haxchi with a configuration of your own choosing. default=sysmenu is good.
So you think I can repair things/regain access to haxchi all through the browser, without the need for an SD card or using a PC?

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
btw, since it's a ds game, you'll most likely have to use the A button on the gamepad. that's probably one reason the person set default to sysmenu, so no button had to be pressed.
Ps I tried to contact the person I bought it from. He is unable to help as he no longer has any of the files

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that I know of. you might be able to put the files on to an sd card with a phone though. then, use the adapter it comes with. though, the wii u sometimes does and does not like adapters.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not that I know of. you might be able to put the files on to an sd card with a phone though. then, use the adapter it comes with. though, the wii u sometimes does and does not like adapters.
If I buy an SD card I wouldn’t be able to use a Mac to put the files on it, would I? Due to file format?

I also have an iPhone 🤪 so again… more apple stuff

Also- can you provide me with a link to the exact files I would need and what format the SD card would need to be in?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would need to be in fat32. what you want depends on what you want on the card. pretty sure mac will work. you're just transferring files, not using apps on the pc itself.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ps is a usb memory stick also ok, or does it need to specifically be a SD card

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it would need to be in fat32. what you want depends on what you want on the card. pretty sure mac will work. you're just transferring files, not using apps on the pc itself.
What files exactly do I need to put on the card? Do you have a link to file structure/files required…

I need to get my Wii u to be back at a state where I can run HAXCHI… then I assume everything else can perhaps be setup through wup installer etc. (does that need to also be on the sd)?

I’m gutted I damaged the usb… serves me right for hoovering 😝

Before that the memory stick I had (never had sd) had everything I needed to run a backup of games, there were also game files on the stick

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just in wiiu/apps. the folders on github should be named correctly already. google homebrew store. that might be the best choice. the homebrew launcher and the homebrew store, so you can get anything you want at any time.

Vickyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just in wiiu/apps. the folders on github should be named correctly already. google homebrew store. that might be the best choice. the homebrew launcher and the homebrew store, so you can get anything you want at any time.
Can I bypass the sd card and install the home brew launcher through the browser on the Wii u? 🤔

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup