m00nkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I want to upgrade from my old "DS Lite" to a "New 2DS XL" and I'm currently reading up on the whole CFW thing and I quickly noticed that you guys have been very busy. :)
If i understand correctly the "N2DSXL" is running on 11.4.0 and since I don't have access to another CFW-DS and the "ntrboothax exploit" isn't out yet, I would have to hardmod the DS.
As I was reading about boot9strap and Luma3DS I saw that people still suggested Flashcards to play DS roms even on CFW.

So... is this be the best setup atm to play 3DS and DS games? Luma3DS for 3ds games (on DS-SD) and a Flashcard to play DS games (on Flashcard-SD)?
I saw that some Flashcards can only run one 3ds game at a time. Does Luma3DS have a menu for several games or do you also have to switch them somehow?
I only have "old" Flashcards like the "M3 DS Simply" and the "Supercard DS One i". Will they still work with Luma3DS or do you need something newer like a r4i? (I'm not interested in emulation like NES, GBA, etc. only some of the old DS games)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since you are new to this, I suggest Luma3DS + R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)
Luma3DS is designed to be easy to setup and work with and the R4i Gold is extremely easy to use, as well light on the battery. The DSTWO is a nice cart, but seriously horrible on the battery life.

Reactions: m00nkin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day