Hacking Please check my WiiKey installation, big thanks!

sickguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I just recently have my friend, who is a professional soldering technician installed the wiikey for my Wii NTSC-U, using all the professional tools like microscope, ohm meter to check continuity, etc....

I believe my Wii comes with the D2B board with the point 3 missing, so the point 3 has to be soldered to the pin 5 of the IC. Please see pics (My installed Wiikey vs the install diagram I got from the internet.)

My Wii was updated to firmware 3.0U prior to the Wiikey install, so I tried almost all modified Wii setup disks, but none of them working for me. Wii just keeps telling me "unable to read the disk", it won't even boot into the GameCube mode. The Wiikey install looks good to me, but why I still can't boot the setup disks? I'd appreciate if you could give me any inputs, and please see if my WiiKey is installed correctly. Thanks in advance.

Some of the setup disks I tried:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/58444-w...re-how-fix.html

My WiiKey installed
wiicard.jpg

Diagram I followed
WiiKey-Install-Diagram-D2B.jpg

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about the other chipsets as well and thought they all were mod'able - just thought you had to do the leg thing.

Guess we all live and learn.

But good news - hell of a nice solder job.
huh.gif

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man that sucks, get it taken off and go trade it for something in the trading forums, or something.
tongue.gif

Hopefully D2C support will come soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay