Playstion 4 D-Pad diagonal presses vs. others

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by newmaneri, Oct 20, 2014.

1. newmaneri
    OP

newmaneri Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    This is for playing games on my PC. Trying my luck by googling it, but I can't find a clear answer. I've been looking for a while, and I want to know how diagonal presses work on the PS4 D-pad. I use a Nintendo Wii classic controller pro, and doing a diagonal on that thing is hard since I have to press harder on it to safely press both buttons since the D-pad is longer and thinner, and that makes the buttons to click on the d-pad even further away from each other. I preferred the smaller cross d-pads much more, like the ones used in the Nintendo Handheld consoles. I even prefer the 360 D-pad over the long and thin Nintendo ones. Just for the hell of it, how does the GameCube d-pad compare? people say it's small, but I actually prefer it when it's small.

How does the PS4 controller play with the diagonal presses? Is the D-pad as long and thin as the newer Nintendo controllers?

Thank you!

2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Loaded up zsnes with lttp, diagonals seem fine to me. For you tho i think you should get to walmart or somthing and test one out.... Also you know with a ps4 conttroller as far as i know you gotta use ds4tool still = load it up every time, and wired unless you got a compatible bt dongle.