Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Ryu!

Thread updated with:

October 19th 2014: Davee has released a proof of concept Vita hack through the webkit. You are free to try it on your Vita, but you can't really do anything yet. As long as you don't get any kind of error you are golden!
http://wololo.net/2014/10/19/vita-h...oit-through-webkit-but-there-might-be-a-catch

UPDATE: The proof of concept exploit/hack has been updated for 3.18. I have tried it myself on my own 3.18 Vita and it is indeed working as intended. Now giving me a message saying: "Congrats, this vita is vulnerable"

Reactions: Margen67

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
we all know we gotta check wololo for vita hacking progress....if all this thread does is giving links from wololo then it is useless and should be closed

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It isn't useless. Many people, including me, resort to this thread to know of anything new that happens when it comes to Vita hacking.

In other words, most of us don't keep hanging at Wololo for news. About Wololo being the only news around here recently, the thing is that Wololo lately has been the only place where the news are flowing, due to their Webkit exploit.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
we all know we gotta check wololo for vita hacking progress....if all this thread does is giving links from wololo then it is useless and should be closed

Yes, most news in this thread are from Wololo. But in my defense I have tried to compile all the necessary information for the end user in one thread, simplifying the process of searching for the stuff you need. The wololo forums are incredibly cluttered with threads about all kinds of stuff.

Reactions: rac and CleanSweep

YamiWheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3.15 PS Vita, and I want to hack the PSP mode.

With the release of 3.30, is this still possible, since I can't access the PSN store on the Vita anymore without it asking me to upgrade.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Progress is keeping on with the Vita exploit: http://wololo.net/2014/11/14/vita-native-hack-vitasploit-released-by-hykem/

I guess some fairly talented folk are still poking away at it and are making progress, slowly but surely. I'm sure we're still a ways off of anything substantial still, but it's nice to see there are still people so invested past the initial point of exploit discovery. I guess the biggest roadblock at the moment is figuring out how to get around the NID poisoning Sony implemented, which is defined off of a link in the listed article. To keep it short, apparently this makes it difficult to code a homebrew loader at this point in time for firmware versions beyond 2.50, which is likely the focus area due to most Vita owners probably being somewhere in the 3.xx area unless they were hopeful enough to really hold back.

For anyone wondering though, there have been no breakthroughs for getting this exploit working on 3.30 at this time, so if you're there, you're still out of luck. Anybody 3.18 or below, they're working on optimizing the ability to use the exploit on as many of the firmware versions as possible.

All in all, it's pretty neat to see that things seem to be moving at a good speed.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Id love to see different scaling options for PSP games or filters.

although, id rather see Vitaland hacks too...

Got any idea Bortz how to set this stuff up on a psvita cause I'm new to it all?. Have a PSVita on 3.10 and a PS3 with PSN account. I opened a thread :)

TheIceBringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm posting in wrong spot. I've seriously been thinking about getting a PS Vita. I know getting a regular psp would best for homebrew. The thing is I'd rather get a Vita right now because of all the new RPGs. One of the main reasons I'm looking into homebrew is for a psp game called Popolocrois. And probably a few others I can't think of right now. :D Sorry again if this is in wrong spot.

rockset

Trophies
XP
Country
i broke my psp screen, now i need to hack my vita to play psp games :S its been very long time since i updated my vita and i have a ps3 how can i hack it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1