PlayStation Vita Beats Wii U In Game Critics Best Of E3 Awards

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, look! The thread's title is "PlayStation Vita Beats Wii U In Game Critics Best Of E3 Awards", who could've guessed, with all this war between consoles, huh?

Well, I'm not impressed that PSV've won, you know. PSV have some things that appeal a lot of people. To name a few:
1) Price - TBH, it was shocking.
2) Power - PSP was already a "monster" in terms of handhelds, and PSV is even "worse".
3) Games

What did Ninty showed us? A controller add-on for Wii, just that...
Huh? What? It's not an add-on? It the actual console??? The new console is a non-portable handheld? WTF?
Heh? Nani? It's not the console itself? It's a new gimmickrly control for the new not shown console?

You see, Wii U's presentation sucked. It was nice to see the "pontential" of new methods for playing. I, myself, have been wondering on how to implent'em, and I must say it can be awesome, but Vita's presentation were, asd much as I hate to admiti it, better.

But in my opinion, Wii U's hardware is more interesting. But Vita's is quite puzzleing, with the back touchpad and all...

Also, on a side note:
machomuu said:
(...)
I've never played the GC version, but I won't say which is better to avoid being GANNON-BANNED.
(..)
Thanks for making me "waste" one hour reading the whole (fun) site >-p

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
But Vita's is quite puzzleing, with the back touchpad and all...
how is it puzzling?

little deviants relies heavily on it for game play
little big planet uses it for interacting with levels
mod nation racers uses to create mountains during level creation
uncharted used it for rope climbing

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
toguro_max said:
how is it puzzling?

maybe he meant "hard to use" I think its way innovative it's like sony learned something from nintendo and not the other way around.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a honest question. Can the back touch pad do anything that the ds touch screen couldn't do in gaming? Like you could make mountains with the touch screen.

Oh and do you think the wii u hardware get better?

_Chaz_ said:
I meant more along the lines of gameplay footage.
There is some game footage in that video and spoiler. Also there the Killer freaks from outer space too. To long of a title!
tongue.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
mister_C said:
It seems the main criticisms of Nintendo are that they are "gimmicky", they give the consumer "underpowered" consoles, and that they ignore "hardcore" gamers.

For home consoles, Nintendo was the first company to bring L/R shoulder buttons (SNES), a joystick (N64), force feedback (rumble pak - N64), motion controls (Wii), touchscreen (DS) and now 3d gaming (3DS) to a mass market.

I am NOT saying Nintendo invented any of these technologies or was even the absolute first game company to release it, but what I am saying is that they implemented them well enough to gain mass market acceptance.
Things change, Nintendo's main demographic at the time was the "hardcore" gamer. Whereas now, they're aiming to sell products to almost everyone.

Keep in mind that SNK tried to appeal to hardcore gamers with the Neo Geo but failed horribly (the system was $800 and games were $200, in 1908's dollars but were as powerful as the N64 if not more). Also, the Genesis and Gamegear were far more powerful at about the same price, yet they didn't do nearly as well. Should I even bother bringing up the Nomad (portable Genesis, played regular Genesis games)?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
This is a honest question. Can the back touch pad do anything that the ds touch screen couldn't do?

Considering we don't have any kind of specs for the Wii U, who knows?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Frankly speaking, with all announced for the Wii U now, it looks more fit to be a Wii successor of the current generation.

The Vita is darn powerful for a handheld, and now I'm seeing more and more devs making use of the touch rear.
tongue.gif

Unlike before when they say it serves hardly any purpose.

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
KingVamp said:
This is a honest question. Can the back touch pad do anything that the ds touch screen couldn't do in gaming? Like you could make mountains with the touch screen.

It should get better if not all the praising that Nintendo have done will turn horrible for them.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Joe88 said:
toguro_max said:
how is it puzzling?

When i said "puzzling" I meant that it's interesting, but falls in the same problem Wii did: how to properly use all the features.
Rope climbing? Not a good use, IMO.
Creating mountains? A shortcut, but it's not anything you can't do without it.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You use the controls when it's intuitive to use. Of course, we'll see a lot of "forced" use, like we saw with Wii or DS, using the controls just for the sake of using. But most of the time, it'll be optional.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the main reason the Playstation Vita beat out the Wii U, was the lack of solid information on the Wii U. In contrast, the Playstation Vita had demo units games and a 2011 release date.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
When i said "puzzling" I meant that it's interesting, but falls in the same problem Wii did: how to properly use all the features.
Rope climbing? Not a good use, IMO.
Creating mountains? A shortcut, but it's not anything you can't do without it.
rope climbing is optional, they were making it clear they wanted to provide different ways to play but keep the traditional controls and leave it to the player to decide which one they want to use

I think its pretty interesting they way they did it in mod nation racers, pressing down on the front touch screen pushes the land downwards while pressing down on the back touch pad moves the land upwards

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't impressed with the Wii U. Even though it's going to have HD graphics it didn't exactly sell me on anything. They're just catching up to the current generation with a giant iPad like controller (that will most likely kill my small hands to hold) and will be quickly left in the dust. I wasn't impressed with the 3DS either and I still aren't. The Vita at least is slightly impressive because of it's power for something so small. Maybe I'm just not all that impressed with video games now. I really haven't touched a game outside of my iPhone in months. In this economy I can't afford to spend money on an expensive machine and ridiculously priced games.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Aeladya said:
I wasn't impressed with the Wii U. Even though it's going to have HD graphics it didn't exactly sell me on anything. They're just catching up to the current generation with a giant iPad like controller (that will most likely kill my small hands to hold) and will be quickly left in the dust. I wasn't impressed with the 3DS either and I still aren't. The Vita at least is slightly impressive because of it's power for something so small. Maybe I'm just not all that impressed with video games now. I really haven't touched a game outside of my iPhone in months. In this economy I can't afford to spend money on an expensive machine and ridiculously priced games.
that is why you wait for "used" stuff...
I only get new stuff as a gift, otherwise i wait then by damaged and discounted used...

also because I am a clutz so dropping and breaking a brand new unit is not a lesson I wish to have to keep learning.
Also strangely why I got into phone hacking and thus hacking at all... having to pay someone to do fix something when I could be the one getting paid to do the same thing just made more sense, and actual money too...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here some wii u game play for people who have not seen it yet. Yes they're old.

[youtube]HNHb2iFsTCA[/youtube] [youtube]gXJUCw-lseI[/youtube]

This news doesn't really effect my thoughts on the wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==