PlayStation Plus games for September 2018

maxresdefault.jpg

Sony have announced the PlayStation Plus games for September 2018.

For PlayStation 4 - PS+ subscribers will get Destiny 2 and God of War III: Remastered while PS3 owners get the 20th anniversary edition of Another World and QUBE Director's Cut.

It appears that Destiny 2 is already available for free on the PlayStation Store so it's either a glitch or has become available ahead of the other September games, so you can snap that one up immediately.

The full line up is as follows:
  • Destiny 2 (PS4)
  • God of War III: Remastered (PS4)
  • Knowledge is Power (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)
  • Here They Lie (PS Plus Bonus – PS VR required)
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (PS3 + PS4/PS Vita)
  • QUBE Director’s Cut (PS3 + PS4)
  • Foul Play (PS Vita + PS4)
  • Sparkle 2 (PS Vita)
The games can be downloaded or added to your library on Sept 1st.

:arrow: PlayStation Store

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... this month is kind of interesting. I will for sure play Destiny 2, and for the first time, play a GOW game. Does anybody know if I need to play the other 2 to understand the story?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Eh. I'll just add these to my account and never play them like all the rest, though this is a pretty ok month. I have 0 interest in Destiny 2 at this point, but it's nice it's being given away for free.

hau77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... this month is kind of interesting. I will for sure play Destiny 2, and for the first time, play a GOW game. Does anybody know if I need to play the other 2 to understand the story?

Let me sum up the story for u so u dont have to play the others. You are Kratos, a spatan warror. You almost get killed by the leader of Babarians. You beg for Areas who is the god of war to let you win that war. You live. You serve him. He uses you to kill your wife and daughter. You hate him. You kill him and become the god of war. You aint loyal Zeus and the other Gods dont like it. They hate you. Zeus kills you. You get stabbed by a shiny sword. Gai saves you. She is a Titan. She upgrades your ass. You become stronger. You find Zeus to kill him. When you almost stab him, Athena saves him, you accidentally kill Athena. Somehow you falls down again from the Olympic moutain. You dont like it. You gather the other Titans to climb up the Olympic moutain again to wipe out everthing. And the God of war 3 picks up right there.

Last edited by hau77,
Reactions: BlackWizzard17

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I also played GOW 3 first before the first two since I never owned a PS2. While the fights were epic, I wish I had played the other two first. The third game concludes the story of all the games (excluding the reboot of course). GOW 3 starts where GOW 2 ends, which itself is directly linked to GOW 1 events so you don't get to see act one and two before the final act.

If I remember correctly the game recaps the first two at the beginning, but is not the same thing.

abilaunken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, they are doing this for get more players for the new expansion and not only the base players who play and will buy anyway.

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh Man NOT Destiny POO !!!! Bungie Must Be Desperate ... its $9.99 at gamestop .... with a month free of PS Plus ... i'd give GOW 3 a go though again finished it on ps3 never tried the ps4 version
There's plenty of us still enjoying it even after a year so it can't be that bad :P
Also pretty sure this isn't Bungie being desperate, they are releasing it to boost sales for the new Forsaken Expansion on September 4th, hence why they giving Destiny 2 early instead of next week. Normal Business to brainwash consumers to buying their products lol. I prefer to wait for the sales.

Last edited by Wrathcaster,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty good month.
I've queued up Destiny 2 - I was a big fan of the 1st Destiny back on the 360 (before they stiffed last gen with no continued support), but wasn't keen on what I've seen of D2... but for free, I'll give it another shot.

The games can be downloaded or added to your library on Sept 1st.

Pretty sure that should be September 4th - PS+ games are usually available on the 1st Tuesday of the month (after being revealed the preceding Wednesday).
Also, I believe Sparkle 2 is also cross-buy, so all of Septembers titles are essentially available for PS4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.