PlayStation Experience 2017 coverage: roundup

spmy[scxx.png

While 2017 is coming to a close, that doesn't mean that there still aren't surprises left to unveil. Though there's already been a fair number of new games announced during yesterday's Video Game Awards, Sony will be taking to their own conference in Anaheim California tonight to showcase some of their upcoming games and surprises for 2018. There's a good number of rumors floating about, be it the "leaked" God of War PS4 release date, or the highly rumored and debated Dark Souls 1 remaster. Be sure to tune in to GBAtemp's coverage when the event starts to see just what Sony has in store!

You can watch the event from either of the sources below, or in the embedded player:

:arrow: PlayStation Twitch
:arrow: PlayStation YouTube

Events

• December 8th: 11 pm ET/10 pm CST/8 pm PST/4 am GMT-UTC: PlayStation Presents press conference
  • December 9th: 2 pm ET/1 pm CST/11 am PST/7 pm GMT-UTC: Media Molecule team presents Dreams
  • December 9th: 5 pm ET: IGN ranks the top PlayStation games of all time
  • December 9th: 6:30 pm ET: Ghost of Tsushima: From Concept to Reveal
  • December 9th: 8 pm ET: Uncharted 10th anniversary celebration
  • December 9th: 9:30 pm ET: The Last of Us: Part II - meet the cast
Live Coverage

The conferences starts in 2 minutes! Is everyone ready?
The PlayStation logo is shown! They're showing Spider-Man, God of War, Psychonauts 2, Guacamelee, Knack 2, MLB, Persona 5, and snippets from other games.
Shawn Layden of PlayStation is hosting, and on stage. They're talking about how well-received their recent games have been, like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Resident Evil 7 VR, Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and Uncharted.
Talks of a new exclusive PS VR title, called Firewall: Zero Hour
Developed by First Contact Entertainment, and it's a 4v4 team coop shooter. You can use the PS VR aim controller or a Dualshock 4.
A 15 minute gameplay demo for The Last Guardian in VR will be released on Dec 12. It seems to be a short snippet of the first part of The Last Guardian in VR.
Sony's futuristic racing game, Wipeout, will be getting a VR mode.
Herman Holst, of Guerilla Games is on stage to talk about Horizon: Zero Dawn, and its success.
Sony Santa Monica is up, and they're hyping God of War. The game is in the last legs of development. They can't give a release date yet. They've finished the play-test phase, and the game is quoted to last from 25-30 hours.
Gameplay is being shown. The developers say that there are extra explorable areas, and you aren't bound to doing only story missions.
Media Molecule is showing Dreams. The game is set for 2018, and will have a beta prior to launch, though no exact date is given.
They're teasing gameplay. Something playable by multiple people. What do they bring out? Detroit: Become Human. The game is a result of a 2011 tech demo, called Kara. You'll play as Kara, Conner, and Marcus, three different models of androids. The game will involve heavy story-altering decisions. Detroit is being shown on PS4 Pro. The audience will have input on what happens in this demo. You can interact with items using the right stick, and scan items to remember them later. "Every action has consequence". Each character has special abilities. Conner can reconstruct past events by looking at certain items. The demo involves investigating a crime scene and finding the "deviant".
Trailer highlight reel. These videos will be included at the bottom of the post.
One is a puzzle game about removing objects from levels by using holes in the ground. It's called Donut County. Will release 2018.
Another PS VR game, about two dolphins, exploring the sea. Titled Jupiter & Mars.
Arc System Works' shows off Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. Ruby from RWBY will be playable. Game launches 2018.
Soul Calibur VI gets a new trailer, too. Coming 2018.
Capcom presents... Monster Hunter World! It looks far more grandiose and larger in scale than past entries. Your Felyne gets a cute little Mega Man costume, and there's weapons from the first 5 games in the Mega Man series with tunes from the game as well.
Mark Cerny is now on stage.
Kojima Productions. Death Stranding gets some more story shown. Kojima is now on the stage! The crowd is very vocal about their joy to see him.
They're teasing one last announcement before the show ends. House is wearing a shirt of MediEvil.
Sony is remastering MediEvil! Coming to PS4, remastered in 4K.
That's it!

Summary
  • Firewall: Zero Hour, PSVR exclusive title, developed by First Contact Entertainment announced.
  • The Last Guardian is getting a PSVR game, which will last 15-20 minutes, and is a tech demo. It shows the first part of the game in VR.
  • Wipeout Collection will get a free VR update in early 2018.
  • God of War still has no definitive release date, but the game will have around 30 hours of content.
  • Dreams is set to launch in 2018 and will get a beta
  • Detroit: Become Human launches Spring 2018
  • Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle gets Ruby from RWBY as a playable character.
  • Monster Hunter World gets Mega Man Felyne costumes and music tracks.
  • MediEvil getting a 4K remaster on PS4!
Trailers

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I am so sorry that you had to subject yourself to watching that awful stream. There was literally no gameplay shown. Just fancy graphics and trailers. LOADS AND LOADS OF TALKING. Way too much talking. So disappointing, but hey we get Medievil remastered so it's not too bad right?

Reactions: Xeroyamil and Chary

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad Sony is continuing to show support for PSVR. Excited for said titles!

Also, this was never meant to be a press conference, so I don't know why you all are disappointed as such.

Last edited by Supster131,

Xeroyamil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad Sony is continuing to show support for PSVR. Excited for said titles!

Also, this was never meant to be a press conference, so I don't know why you all are disappointed as such.

You know that the past 2 PSX did have announcement and new footage of games? In a PSX, the first gameplay of both FF7 remake and KH3 well shown. This was a total disappointment, and I'm a big PS fan.

Last edited by Xeroyamil,
Reactions: DarthDub

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know if this Medievil remastered is going to be like crash n sane trilogy (graphics done from scratch), or is it going to be like parappa the rapper remastered (same game just upscaled for 4k)?

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I just loved seeing the close friendship between Andy and Kojima.
I'm still sad Andy is resigning up from Sony, but I am sure he have an interesting place to go through :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont care about other games on the list. All I have my eyes on is:

• Uncharted 10th anniversary celebration
  • The Last of Us: Part II - meet the cast
  • God of War
  • The Last Guardian (Already have it)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that the past 2 PSX did have announcement and new footage of games? In a PSX, the first gameplay of both FF7 remake and KH3 well shown. This was a total disappointment, and I'm a big PS fan.
They did, but those did had actual press conferences. Sony showed a lot of things this year, there wasn't much else they could have shown at PSX.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was the right event to talk VR but the announcements were mostly underwhelming and few compared to previous years. Hope others liked it but it makes me question the length if that's all they have to say. The BlazBlue trailer seemed real odd to me as Ruby Rose was announced with the game reveal in July.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.