Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Revealed

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are follow ups, anyway only reason Jump is praised is because its on the ds, it has so many characters from VERY popular animes, and did I mention its on the ds and has online? I'm not very enthusiastic about this game, maybe if they truly had memorable characters *cough* crash bandicoot and original spyro and not kratos and sweet tooth.

Why can't this be praised because it's on the PS3, has so many characters from VERY popular franchises, and did I mention its on the PS3 and has online? If people liked Jump! because it was on a system that didn't have a proper SSB, why are people bashing this for the same exact reason?
Cause its Sony? As a nintentard I have to point out how Sony copies its competitiors while praising nintendo consoles. In all honestly the only reason you get hatred is because you are on a nintendo fan forum and we have limited information so we automatically assume shit and plus its the internet its always cool to bash on new games and then buy them once they are released and claim you supported them since the beginning.

Reactions: 1 person

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The only thing that would bug me is if it would feel the same as SSB. Like control-wise, since I think that is way to unique to SSB and I think that wouldn`t be a smart move to copy something like a "control-feel".

Well the controls don't seem identical. You have three dedicated attack buttons (where as SSB has only two) and the placement is different (jump in SSB was for the upper two X/Y buttons while here it appears to be mapped to X if I read the article right).

Otherwise, it's good to see a Nintendo fan here who isn't acting retarded here.

Did people ignore the post i made regarding competitive smash >_>

I did when you said it was the most competitive fighting game.

Where. ONE of the most. Not the most.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rip-off or not, if this game has characters like Sly, Cole(inFamous), Ratchet, and Sackboy in it, it's worth trying out.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing that would bug me is if it would feel the same as SSB. Like control-wise, since I think that is way to unique to SSB and I think that wouldn`t be a smart move to copy something like a "control-feel".
Well the controls don't seem identical. You have three dedicated attack buttons (where as SSB has only two) and the placement is different (jump in SSB was for the upper two X/Y buttons while here it appears to be mapped to X if I read the article right).

Otherwise, it's good to see a Nintendo fan here who isn't acting retarded here.
I wasn`t really referring to button-mapping but how the characters movement feels and such.

I mean this is a new studio dedicated to make this game and we`ll see how good the outcome will be, since normal teams are making the game and here it seems like the idea for the game was first given before the team was formed, which could go either way...

Out of all the characters they`ve announced yet I enjoy Kratos the most but Nathan Drake would be my favourite if he makes it into the game. The train- or the plain-part would make great stages!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it was on the MLG :) And check Apex 2012, it was a Brawl/Melee/64 tournament that also had RANKED UMvC 3 and MK 9 tournaments.

MLG also considers like... Halo to be a competitive game.

Apex also considering Pokemon Black/White and the original SSB as competitive games which is also a joke.

I don't even know if Mortal Kombat is good, the new one looked dumb.

HamburgerBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a picture from the dev studio working on the game. Notice any Nintendo-related items in there?
1335546505955.jpg

Source http://www.gonintend...story&id=176332

:lol:

THIS CANT BE REAL?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So embarassing for Sony and their fans. Wow.

Reactions: 1 person

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
But it was on the MLG :) And check Apex 2012, it was a Brawl/Melee/64 tournament that also had RANKED UMvC 3 and MK 9 tournaments.

MLG also considers like... Halo to be a competitive game.

Apex also considering Pokemon Black/White and the original SSB as competitive games which is also a joke.

I don't even know if Mortal Kombat is good, the new one looked dumb.

Halo is a competitive game O-o

Pokemon games are competitive, Nintendo Host official tournaments. As for SSb 64, refer to the previous page and see the video called "The Legacy"

MK 9 is def good and competitive.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pokemon games are competitive, Nintendo Host official tournaments. As for SSb 64, refer to the previous page and see the video called "The Legacy"

Halo is most definitely not competitive. Counterstrike is competitive. Even TF2 is competitive. Halo is not competitive.

Also saying "Nintendo hosts Pokemon tournaments!" doesn't make it competitive. It's Nintendo hosting tournaments to promote their games. Pokemon is not competitive.

I'm just saying SSB (the original) is incredibly outdated and there's no reason to play it over Brawl or Melee. SSB isn't competitive.

I'll give MK9 the benefit of the doubt since I never played it extensively (I played it once at a friend's house for like one match). I just don't like the Mortal Kombat aesthetic.

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Halo is most definitely not competitive. Counterstrike is competitive. Even TF2 is competitive. Halo is not competitive.

Also saying "Nintendo hosts Pokemon tournaments!" doesn't make it competitive. It's Nintendo hosting tournaments to promote their games. Pokemon is not competitive.

I'm just saying SSB (the original) is incredibly outdated and there's no reason to play it over Brawl or Melee. SSB isn't competitive.

I'll give MK9 the benefit of the doubt since I never played it extensively (I played it once at a friend's house for like one match). I just don't like the Mortal Kombat aesthetic.

Major League Gaming says otherwise about halo.

There is a massive comp scene behind pokemon.

There is a reason. Its a different game, thats easy to emulate in any computer and can be played online without lags. And its competitive, just check the video of the last page >_>

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major League Gaming says otherwise about halo.

There is a massive comp scene behind pokemon.

There is a reason. Its a different game, thats easy to emulate in any computer and can be played online without lags. And its competitive, just check the video of the last page >_>

MLG is a complete joke. If anything it's just a way to push Monster energy drinks and Stride gum on twelve year olds. I went to one of their "conventions" and it's just kids playing Halo and about a thousand people trying to sell you dumb shit. EDIT: For the record, I left like after an hour to go play billiards with my dad. And it wasn't my idea to go either, it was my brother's.

Pokemon is not competitive. Period. Just because people play against each other doesn't make it a "competitive" sport.

MavrickJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is another case where people don't understand the definition of a word, in this case, the word being competitive. Any game in where you COMPETE is competitive. End of story.

And of course they wouldn't play this at EVO, they tend to play traditional 3D and 2D fighting games. Super Smash Brothers is not really the same style.

Shinjiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we're at a point in the industry where so many ideas have been thought of that any new thing that comes out can't help but look like a copy. People need to get over this seriously. Just be happy that you're getting what looks like a very entertaining game. I'm a big fan of brawl and I will definately be picking this up. If you don't like the game don't buy it. Ranting is not going to stop it coming out.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we're at a point in the industry where so many ideas have been thought of that any new thing that comes out can't help but look like a copy.
That what happens with music.... nothing seems to sound new and innovative anymore.
I dont really think that videogames are at that point, but we are getting closer and closer.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, a lot of videogames are at that point, IMO.

Oh, and on a word about competition: Just shut up about it. Seriously, let kids be kids, and let the other kids be other kids. I play SSBB as competition, and I also play DDR as competition. Both I can enjoy as casual experiences too. Just because one tournament doesn't recognize a game where another tournament does for their competition, does not discredit any competitive nature. The discussion here is about Sony All-Star Battle Royale (Hoping that name changes) and the outlook for it. The comments of it being a clone of SSBB could be legible, but that can also be on the same level of, "I wrote a book, then he wrote a book after me with the same moral, it must be a clone!"

Stretched example, but you get the idea. Wait until there's more information before stating completely, "It's a clone!" Yes, they have a wii in their dev room. Guess what? It's for research for a basis on a game that was popular so that they can drive their own franchise for the same popularity. Andamiro did the same when it came to a dance game, and Konami sued. I can't recall all the details, but simply put, Andamiro still makes Pump It Up, and Konami still makes Dance Dance Revolution, and their popular in their respective countries. No doubt the same might occur here, with some (possibly me... okay, probably me) who cross references between the two because they enjoy the style of the game.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blood & sand lads n lasses..... lot of heated words being thrown about here (as per usual!) :P

If the game does indeed turn out to be a poor excuse of a SSB clone, and I'm assuming the release date won't be too far off Smash Bros Wii U, then it'll clearly look like an embarrassment on the shop shelf that'll do Sony no good whatsoever.... assuming that's what it is of course, coz frankly a few video clips doesn't represent final game quality or playability....
My first impression was also 'Fukks sake what a rip off-Nintendo should sue em!', but if Sony wants to go head to head with Ninty then let 'em: it's a mammoth task really, it won't cause a dent in Smash Bros sales, but us gamers get the best of both worlds by trying both games..... Lighten up peeps: let's just enjoy/ridicule this game when we can finally get our hands on it.....;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?