1. DarkShadow96

DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    TMNT Smash Up meets Jump Ultimate All Stars.

This is what it is.

;)

2. Centrix

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    I know this has been said already but still ->

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Dumb Name) = Super Smash Brothers Sony version

GOD Sony quite ripping off your competitors seriously come up with your own ideas for a change.

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

United States
    why are people acting like nintendo invented fighting games (big shocker coming from here!)

2 people like this.
  4. cris92x

cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They invented the casual 4 player party fighting genre.... which honestly any game that comes remotely near the genre is called a rip-off now. Don't really see why we don't call out more ripoffs such as futuristic space fps, or jumping platforms sidescroller ripoffs. Honestly though, most of these games that look like smash bros tend to suck badly or just be overshadowed by Smash, titles such as digimon rumble arena 1 and 2 or tmnt smash up they just don't have that stuff that makes you want to keep playing it over again and I just don't see how this is going to be different, that K.O. mechanic sounds more derpier than randomly tripping on smbb >.>
    Read their article and stuff, so its going to be more balanced and have a "robust" online, I get the online but they are going for a competitive play on something that looks so casual.... Just as bad as smash bros players who think the game is meant for tournament play. At least it will show how online should have been done for brawl.

5. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    I see no problem when sony use this style. Call of Duty is not a "ripping off" wolfenstein 3d for example. The game industry works that way since the beginning.

I'll not get this game, but SSB is not the reason for that.

Edit: Playstation All-Sars Battle Royale is not a dumb name. This game has a dumb name: http://gbatemp.net/topic/237612-ds-4991-kochira-katsushikaku-kameari-kouenmae-hashutsujo-machiteba/

6. [M]artin

United States
    Nintendo by no-means invented the fighting game genre, but they have capitalized on their own stylization of the 4-player fighter (as mentioned by the poster above).

For the most part, I haven't seen people acting like they invented anything, but I've seen more people mad because it's pretty clear here that Sony is ripping off of the Smash series. It's so bad, they're not even trying to hide it (Killzone guy has an AP Attack very similar to Snake's Final Smash, Fat Princess character has a move very similar to Princess Peach's Side+B buttsmash move).

7. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Brawl is not casual... :|

8. Pablo3DS

Pablo3DS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Trash! Smash Bros much better than this

9. emigre

emigre Recovering weeaboo

United Kingdom
    Yes it is.

5 people like this.
  10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I actually like the mash-up stages idea...,but (is it me?) despite the change in color, most if not all the stages have the same style?

Pretty much...

Just the character of Fat Princess in the game made me think of Princess Peach.
    They kind of have originally by actually taking out good mechanics...

11. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

No it's not.

12. tatripp

tatripp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They need to fill this with third party characters like crazy because sony just doesn't have the characters that nintendo has.

13. That looks...almost exactly like Smash Bros. Sony isn't even trying to hide the fact.

Except that it has bland characters that hardly fit well together as well as a horrible battle system. It's like they took Smash Bros and some developers and asked them to make a shitty version of it.

14. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

It is depending on who you are playing against and how.
    But out of the Smash series Brawl is the dumbed down version thanks to it's unfairness.
    I've said this before, looking at how fast and balanced KI was I'm expecting the next installment to be more competitive.

1 person likes this.
  15. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Sure was. lol

I totally want to see a Sony vs Nintendo game, just so I can see Kratos and Pit and their worlds fight it out. :lol:

2 people like this.
  16. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Mother of God...

17. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I can't wait for an uncharted kart game.

4 people like this.
  18. Tsuteto

Tsuteto GBAtemp Regular

United States
  19. cris92x

cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes it is, it is not a tournament or pro fighting game, it is casual. Sakurai himself says its meant for casual, and there are so many aspects of brawl that show it is casual. It can never be taken competitively ever because of how it works, you can just run and wait and then attack the final blows to an opponent and win. No fighting game that is tournament playable lets you do nothing and win, you might have unbalanced tournament games like mvc2 but those with true skill will come out on top and for brawl that isn't true there are so many random factors like smash ball, tripping, items, and other stage hazards. Its just not a game that rewards skill, it rewards sheer luck and randomness with little to no strategy.

2 people like this.
  20. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    ITT: Haters crying "LOL SONY COPY EVERYTHING!"

Please why not just try the game out once it's released and enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, don't buy it. There is probably going to be a demo anyways via PSN for trying out games (unlike for a few platforms available).

If there is another option for a certain game, I'd gladly have it available. It's not like Nintendo hasn't almost f'd up a franchise or two with certain games. If someone, be it Sony, Microsoft, Sega, Nintendo, Apple or anyone else makes a better game at the time, I'd gladly take it.

3 people like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Playstation, Revealed, Battle