Hacking Playstation 3 Trophy Hack Intends to Ruin Legit Gamers

vame536

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cacildo said:
TwinRetro said:
Well, some modes on FPS games pretty much require chatting in-game, if you want any semblance of teamwork.

oh nononono, my friend!

Dont do that!

That´s asking to be heartbroken by humanity

9 years old kids cursing and being racist. Why do we need that?

I mean, im half joking here: of course i can see the headset option being great when used with some friends and such.

But outside of that? Regular random matchmaking? That "mute" option is one of the most incredible technology achievements of online gaming.

Yeah, that's about right. A few years back when I had my 360, we had some great times, me, a few friends, and a Dead or Alive, or Project Gotham lobby. Random peeps though, usually best to avoid. I did notice that French peeps tend to talk almost constantly (in English) when on Xbox Live.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.. even if the game is resistant to hacks..

you can just put the trophy via FTP and unlock it... sync and voila..

platinum trophy sync to sony's asses.

and i dont care about trophies... i care about the gamers who have excellent skills on playing that game.. there are numerous player where more amazing than trophy owners.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the trophy edition is not new, it has been made back in October 2010.
and the Sony response don't have anything to do with the trophy editing, but with the private key discovery.
the first post isn't right.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this discussion is still going on ...?
i don't have a PS3 , but trophies are just trophies . they are virtual content that don't affect anyone expect with the fact that they're something to boast off of . if not boast , then something you'd want to work for . why do you give a damn if someone else could get a trophy that you could've spent days trying to get ? it's just a damn virtual trophy .__.

on Xbox Live , there are gamerscore modders . they put their profile on a USB, then unlock all achievements . alright, so what's the point of that ? your gamer score goes up , boo hoo, who cares .

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like trophies for the game I really like, just to get a 100% complete stats. I still prefer things to work on the old days where those trophies/achievement are mean to unlock stuffs within the game like artwork etc.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i myself arent exactly a fan of trophies/achievs, but when you're bored of doing the usual in a game they provided an interesting challenge from the norm. but this is inexcusable. the worst part is, due to this some people who go out of their way to platinum everygame, like one of my friends might be considered by sony to be hacking this way and get banned.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, other people adding trophies to their account isn't gonna affect anyone other then themselves in any way, so I don't see why anyone is whining.

Second of all, since hackers can add what timestamps they want, so adding a legit timestamp is easy and there is no way Sony can tell the difference, unless the person forget to add timestamps (in which case it says Earned) or screw the order and he appeared to have won Win 10 matches before win 1 match.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
DaMummy said:
cheating online is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, youre still retarded

*tries to clap*

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Jan 16 2011, 05:52 PM) Everyone! Look at me! I can change an arbitrary number value!

rofl.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
Skyline969 said:
Woop-de-doo. Trophies are just for e-peen anyways. It's not like they actually DO anything for you.

But then what motivation do I have to keep playing, *gasp* personal enjoyment???
. . .
unless you're one of those people who plan on joining in and modding their Trophy Collection, then your motivation still exists .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1