Hacking Playing wiiware backups 4.3

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have BootMii Boot2 installed and a nand backup of 4.2.

As of right now, I updated to 4.3 (never had any important homebrew to begin with) but I could restore it back to 4.2.

Basically, I wanna play some wii ware backups through the USB. I have tried this stuff of installing isos and what not, but I just feel overwhelmed with the information and data out there and could not get it working, or was just confused despite the help I received on these forums many months back.

Anyways, I would really appreciate if someone could just complete noob instruct me on what I must install and do to play wii ware back ups. Maybe in a numbered list of "1. download this, 2. install this here, 3. place wii ware backup on sd card into folder X., etc"

I know its a lot to ask but if I could get these wii ware back ups running I would be ecstatic!

Thank you all

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
Have you tried Uloader?

Nope. Just downloaded 5.1. So is all I need the "apps" folder?

"In the read me it says:
1) Copy "apps" folder to your SD

2) Launch cIOS 222 Installer aplicaction. Remenber you
it is a different version to use with uLoader. You have the
possibility to install cIOS 202 (homebrew), cIOS 222 (uloader)
and cIOS 223 (uLoader Alternative)

NOTE: Now in the new installer you can select the IOS used
to install the cIOS. You can use cIOS 3.0, but it includes news cIOS
('pure' IOS without merges) in the new installer 5.0

This cIOS don´t includes the ehcmodule or dip_plugin: it is
loaded externally using the new dev/mload method and
uses an IOS 38 base or 37 or 60 modules (merged with IOS 38 base)

3) Plug your USB device on port 0 (port 0 is down, port 1 is
reserved for others USB devices working from OHCI module.
You can use it as power supply for 2.5'' HDDs. (Rockband for
example, needs IOS37 base merged with IOS38)

5) Run uLoader 5.1D"

Now, I already installed waninkokos and hermies on my wii (according to the gbatemp guide) so do I need to install these other cisos? or can I just basically run uloader?

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warfab said:
I also had problem before finding tutorials on how to load wiiware via uloader.

I just followed the steps here (translated by Google):

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...=auto&tl=en

Section 8 "Emulation WiiWare and Virtual Console games" will be relevant to your query on how to install wiiware games and make them run under uloader.

Thanks for that. On the site it says:
"Installation cIOS 202, 222, 223 and / or 224 v5"

So, I installed waninkokos and hermies already on my wii, do I need to install all of these again? Are they not the same thing?

warfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CyborgLizard said:
warfab said:
I also had problem before finding tutorials on how to load wiiware via uloader.

I just followed the steps here (translated by Google):

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...=auto&tl=en

Section 8 "Emulation WiiWare and Virtual Console games" will be relevant to your query on how to install wiiware games and make them run under uloader.

Thanks for that. On the site it says:
"Installation cIOS 202, 222, 223 and / or 224 v5"

So, I installed waninkokos and hermies already on my wii, do I need to install all of these again? Are they not the same thing?

The latest uloader utilizes the latest v5 cios . If you've got those installed then you're already good to go. Just make sure you're using the correct cios version with the uloader that you're going to use.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I kinda answered my own question and installed them.

Arg, still can't get this to work. It will launch but it says it can't read my usb device.

Also, how am i supposed to play games off of it? for example, do i have to install wads or isos through the wii? or on my computer first?

warfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CyborgLizard said:
okay I kinda answered my own question and installed them.

Arg, still can't get this to work. It will launch but it says it can't read my usb device.

Also, how am i supposed to play games off of it? for example, do i have to install wads or isos through the wii? or on my computer first?
I put the wiiware games that I want to play on my sd card since I usually play a few. It's only on my usb hdd that I put the wii games (non-wiiware or non-vc games). At first I had the same problem as you in that I couldn't get my usb hdd to work with uloader. The usb hdd would make uloader hang. I found out that if I plug in my usb hdd just a second after uloader starts, then it loads just fine.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still have to install them to the wii or does it emulate the nand on the sd card and let you play them from there? Ive never played any wiiware and wanted to try one. thanks

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CyborgLizard said:
Hmm I can't find a uloader tutorial anywhere.
uLoader has it's own wiki at EOL however it is in spanish.

QUOTE(afnuke @ Jun 25 2010, 03:10 PM) Do you still have to install them to the wii or does it emulate the nand on the sd card and let you play them from there? Ive never played any wiiware and wanted to try one. thanks

You can use both options.If you want to install them normally, let's say through a wad manager it will install them to the wii. If you want to simply emulate the nand on the sd then Triiforce is a good option. If you want to emulate them through usb I suggest using uLoader.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last time i was checkin out uloader i coulda swore it came with an english readme. i thought it said uloader creates a virtual nand an installs the wads for u.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeedds said:
last time i was checkin out uloader i coulda swore it came with an english readme. i thought it said uloader creates a virtual nand an installs the wads for u.

Exactly, it does both functions. You have the wad, then uLoader decrypt the wad and then it runs the decrypted information through a virtual nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup