Gaming Playing some new games in 5.00 M33-6.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I got 5.00 M33-6, been a long time since I played my PSP, and now I wanna play in 2 new games, Gran Turismo and Motorstorm Arctic Edge.
Tried to run them at start, of course no success.

I saw some info here about another CFW, GEN, which is updated to 5.50.
Anyway, are there any techniches to run those 2 games on my firmware? Or I must update to this GEN thing?
And also, will there be a newer M33 version? Or DarkAlex retired?

Thx in advance.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gran Turismo doesn't work at all in 5.00M33-6. Motorstorm works, you possibly is doing something wrong (Use M33 Driver and Patched ISO).

I recommend installing 5.50GEN-B, it runs all 5.55/6.00 encrypted game and is a stable firmware:

Here is the direct updater: http://depositfiles.com/files/sycuooqaj

And I think Dark_Alex is not retired (yet). But no M33 releases until a significant OFW is released.

OuTee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Does GBA emulator and PSPTube work with 5.50GEN-B? And is there any option to get back to m33 cfw from GEN-B or it only work with Pandora Battery?

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
OuTee said:
Does GBA emulator and PSPTube work with 5.50GEN-B? And is there any option to get back to m33 cfw from GEN-B or it only work with Pandora Battery?

GBA emulator "GPsP" works fine for me on GEN-B2, as with PSPTube. To get back you need only your battery, as you convert that to Pandora and than back to normal once in m33. I tested it out, cant remember where the tutorial was to do it tho. :S Then I updated back to GEN-B2 as I wanted the Playstation Store, and online play with newer games.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Provided you have a Pandora battery make a DCv7 MS and then using the Test M33 option run the patched games. I imagine that this should work although i haven't tried it....(no reflash required)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
In order to play all the newer games we just have to wait for a new CFW. I don't think this fix will hold out for long.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Raika said:
In order to play all the newer games we just have to wait for a new CFW. I don't think this fix will hold out for long.

Well this fix decrypts 5.55/6.00 keys and 6.10 keys are already decrypted. Unless they apply extra protection, this fix can hold long enough.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I installed the GEN-B that the guy here gave me. Installed and everything is fine.
smile.gif

However, I tried running Arctic Edge, with M33 Drive, and i think it's patched up (I patched it while I had the M33, if thats ok)
Will I need to patch up Gran Turismo too?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hermessz said:
I installed the GEN-B that the guy here gave me. Installed and everything is fine.
smile.gif

However, I tried running Arctic Edge, with M33 Drive, and i think it's patched up (I patched it while I had the M33, if thats ok)
Will I need to patch up Gran Turismo too?

Yes. Use UMDGEN at your games. Any game which shows 5.55+ needs to be patched.

sysver.jpg

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
mrgone said:
Izzy said:
mrgone said:
both games work in 4.01m33

Euhm what? No they don't.

have you tried ?

well I also havent tried,but aparently all 5,55/6.0 decrypted games work ,also few minis,usually using m33 driver..and if I read correctly its only on 4.01 M33-2.

I havent made up this,its on psp1so ;D

grog.gif

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
testatura said:
mrgone said:
Izzy said:
mrgone said:
both games work in 4.01m33

Euhm what? No they don't.

have you tried ?

well I also havent tried,but aparently all 5,55/6.0 decrypted games work ,also few minis,usually using m33 driver..and if I read correctly its only on 4.01 M33-2.

I havent made up this,its on psp1so ;D

grog.gif

i also tried it with the usual umd driver, works also, but undead knights had severe graphical glitches. change to m33 fixed that

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ComplicatioN said:
so your saying i can go to Gen B2 and go back to m33 with Hellcat's Recovery Flasher?

Yes, no pandora needed. But seriously, there is NO reason to downgrade.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just upgraded to Gen 2 from 5.00m33-6, after ages at 5.00 and not wanting Gen (horrible compatibility issues have been talked about) I have found it to be very stable.

I use a 32GB twin micro sd card - the speed issue on 5.00m33-4 was awful, went to -6 and turned on the speed up and things were a lot better. With Gen I would say that the menu speeds are slightly better (I have the speed to 333/333) the icons appear faster than they did in m33. I have tried various emulators and they have all worked fine ( gen a and b had issues).

I have yet to try Fusa (the only other plugin I regularly use) but everything else seems to work great. I will not be returning to 5.0m33 on the basis of the last 3 days of testing.

Try it you won't need to go back

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kittymat said:
I have just upgraded to Gen 2 from 5.00m33-6, after ages at 5.00 and not wanting Gen (horrible compatibility issues have been talked about) I have found it to be very stable.

I use a 32GB twin micro sd card - the speed issue on 5.00m33-4 was awful, went to -6 and turned on the speed up and things were a lot better. With Gen I would say that the menu speeds are slightly better (I have the speed to 333/333) the icons appear faster than they did in m33. I have tried various emulators and they have all worked fine ( gen a and b had issues).

I have yet to try Fusa (the only other plugin I regularly use) but everything else seems to work great. I will not be returning to 5.0m33 on the basis of the last 3 days of testing.

Try it you won't need to go back

Fusa's screenshot plugin? It is working fine @ 5.50GEN too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out