PS1/2 playing psx games on ps2 with component cables

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys

i just recieved my component cables for the PS2 and been giving them a try - my first problem is G-Darius for the PSX doesn't seem to display (worked fine on composite before) i get the PSX sony logo on boot up but the image goes when the game itself boots up (sound is still works).

i know it's a standard problem but is there a homebrew fix? (wishful thinking i know, but might as well ask)

also is there a compatibility list for PSX games on a PS2 (component)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmmm, it's either the game you are playing, (is it patched with something) or does the ps2 have any modchip installed? maybe there is settings that is conflicting with it?

or you can try to find a breaker pro, that usually has display options for ps1 games, only problem is they are hard to find now.

btw do you have a slim or a fatty? + what version is it

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
hmmm, it's either the game you are playing, (is it patched with something) or does the ps2 have any modchip installed? maybe there is settings that is conflicting with it?

or you can try to find a breaker pro, that usually has display options for ps1 games, only problem is they are hard to find now.

the G-darius game is a genuine orginal (pal), the PS2 is unmodded (pal, fat, 50003)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
godsakes said:
jalaneme said:

the G-darius game is a genuine orginal (pal), the PS2 is unmodded (pal, fat, 50003)

there is a list on wikipedia of games that don't work on the ps2 here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayS...h_PlayStation_2

your game aint there though, only solution i can think of is check your tv settings, make sure the component cables are in the right place at the back of the tv.

edit: it's not your ps2 or your component cables it's the game itself, it dosn't work on any ps2 it seems

This is a great game, but the PS1 game has issues on a PS2. It has sound but no background music. I got it on a Taito compilation for the PS2 as well and it does not have this...
Published 4 months ago by Chever

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:Nj4KE...=clnk&gl=uk

only way you are going to play this game is if you have a old ps1 and use that.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i think you're getting the wrong end of the stick, the game works fine on the PS2 via composite cables (at least on mine anyway) - it's the component cables giving me issues

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's your TV. My neighbor's vizio won't display psx games through component but on my 32 inch samsung it plays fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D