Hacking Playing Mp3?

ForbiddenX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i am going to buy an m3 simply and i was wondering, does the mp3 keep playing when the ds is closed? or do i have to keep the DS open? i will be using earphones.

wepoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know for sure with the M3 Simply.

Since noone else has answered you though, I can tell you that with the M3 Lite (slot 2 cart) running Moonshell, playing MP3 or video you can shut the case and it will continue to play. I would assume the M3 Simply is the same.

Be aware the quality of MP3 sound isn't as good as it is on an iPod or other device. It is decent though and a reasonable trade off for having a DS rather than an iPod in your pocket.

Hope it helps!

ForbiddenX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know for sure with the M3 Simply.

Since noone else has answered you though, I can tell you that with the M3 Lite (slot 2 cart) running Moonshell, playing MP3 or video you can shut the case and it will continue to play. I would assume the M3 Simply is the same.

Be aware the quality of MP3 sound isn't as good as it is on an iPod or other device. It is decent though and a reasonable trade off for having a DS rather than an iPod in your pocket.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, thats the answer I wanted to hear, but how bad is the quality of the music? I really don't need the quality to be high, just as long as its not statiky. And how about the video quality?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it plays with the lid closed, either you're using dsorganize or moonshell it works fine. Quality of music is so so, but can't expect that much I guess...not too "staticky" if you don't blast your years with the internal gain adjuster in moonshell and instead use the volume control on the DS.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are using a good set of headphones, which i do with my DS lite and M3 Perfect and built in moonshell, the quality is superb. Ok it could be a bit louder, the the sound quality is excellent

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think music quality is bad at all, most my mp3s are at 320kbps and sound quite good. Though at near full volume there is a lot of fuzzy stuff and this is with expensive headphones but its a nice free feature and its good for when I don't want to carry mp3 player, DS along with my stupid N-gage (which I did enjoy when people did release games for it but sucks on so many levels as a mp3 player and phone) so I cant really complain.

Suphix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, n-gage.

Really though... i was going to ask, how do you turn the volume up over %100 in moonshell?

i have my ds volume up full, and i still cant really hear much... im using my ipod headhpones (looks really nice with the white DS lite)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1